By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Israeli Army attacked the Facilities of the UN Peacekeeping Forces in the South of Lebanon
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The Israeli Army attacked the Facilities of the UN Peacekeeping Forces in the South of Lebanon
WORLD NEWS

The Israeli Army attacked the Facilities of the UN Peacekeeping Forces in the South of Lebanon

Published October 14, 2024
Share
©️The Guardian
SHARE

The Israeli army raided the facilities of the United Nations peacekeeping forces in the south of Lebanon and destroyed the entrances of that facility with tanks.

In the announcement of the UN Interim Peacekeeping Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), it is stated that in the early hours of the morning, the UN forces in the city of Ramya observed that three groups of Israeli soldiers entered Lebanon across the Blue Line.

It is added that two Merkava tanks of the Israeli army entered the facility, destroying its main entrance, and that the Israeli soldiers asked the UNIFIL forces to turn off the lights in the area, and they left the area 45 minutes later.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called on the United Nations earlier on Sunday to withdraw its peacekeeping mission from southern Lebanon during a ground incursion into the area.

“It is time to withdraw UNIFIL from Hezbollah strongholds and from the area of ​​combat operations,” Netanyahu said in a Hebrew-language message to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.

Two peacekeepers were injured in an Israeli attack on a UN observation post in southern Lebanon on Thursday. An artillery shell also hit UNIFIL’s main command center in the border town of Naqoura the next day.

Netanyahu claimed that Israel “regrets” the wounding of UN peacekeepers.

UNIFIL was established in March 1978 to confirm Israel’s withdrawal from Lebanon and assist the Lebanese government in restoring authority in the area. Their mandate has been expanded over the years, especially after Israel’s 2006 war, to monitor ceasefires and facilitate humanitarian aid.

Since September 23, Israel has launched massive airstrikes across Lebanon against what it says are Hezbollah targets, killing more than 1,400 people and injuring more than 4,000.

The air campaign represents an escalation in the year-long cross-border war between Israel and Hezbollah since the start of a brutal Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip that has killed some 42,200 people, mostly women and children, since a Hamas attack last year.

Despite international warnings that the Middle East region is on the brink of regional war amid Israel’s relentless attacks on Gaza and Lebanon, Israel widened the conflict by launching a ground invasion of southern Lebanon on October 1.

The Kremlin Says No Date Has Been Set For New Negotiations On Ukraine

Protests against Corruption were held in Sarajevo, Demands were sent to judicial Institutions

Kosovo stopped “one step” from Admission to the Council of Europe

Zelenskyy in Dubrovnik: The Region stands for Peace in Ukraine, Condolences to the Families of Victims in BiH

Montenegro Secures €80 Million in EU Funds for Employment, Social Inclusion

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article IDF confirms: Four Israeli Soldiers killed in Drone Attack in Binyamina
Next Article Iran sends Warnings to U.S. Alliance: ‘Don’t help Israel or you’re next’
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nihad Uk resigned from the Position of Prime Minister of Sarajevo Canton
February 15, 2026
Cantonal Court refuses to Order One Month Detention to Tram Driver
February 15, 2026
Third Protests in Sarajevo after Tram Accident
February 15, 2026
Bosniak Returnees near Foca without Electricity for More Than 30 Years after the War
February 15, 2026
New Protests scheduled for Today in BiH’s Capital
February 15, 2026
Navalny’s Cause of Death Officially Revealed
February 15, 2026
Elvedina Muzaferija and Esma Alic Today at the WOG Milano Cortina 2026
February 15, 2026
The US and Iran are expected to hold a Second Round of Nuclear Talks
February 15, 2026
Izetbegovic warned against Attempts to spread false Narratives about BiH
February 15, 2026
One-month Detention proposed for Tram Driver
February 15, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?