By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Situation in Ukraine will certainly affect Tourism in Medjugorje
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BH TOURISM > The Situation in Ukraine will certainly affect Tourism in Medjugorje
BH TOURISM

The Situation in Ukraine will certainly affect Tourism in Medjugorje

Published: March 15, 2022
Share
SHARE

The situation in Ukraine will certainly affect tourism in Medjugorje as anywhere else in the world and the tourism sector is already suffering great consequences, said the president of the Association of Tourism, Hoteliers and Room Rental from Medjugorje Davor Ljubic, noting that they would be happy if visits this tourist season were at some 40 to 50 percent compared to 2019.

According to him, Medjugorje will suffer greatly this year due to the absence of Ukrainian and, most likely, Polish pilgrims.

”In the past two pandemic years, Ukrainians, together with Poles, were by far the most numerous pilgrims in Medjugorje and it is certain that 2022 will be very, very inconvenient for those who have worked with the Ukrainian market so far, especially since only boarding houses worked with them. Some say that there will be Italians, there will be others, all right, there will be Italians and others, but these people did not go to boarding houses but went exclusively to four-star hotels. So, Medjugorje will suffer a lot this year due to the absence of Ukrainians, and very likely Poles, although we really hope that this Western European sector will work and that we will make up for the losses that are already being felt,” Ljubic said.

He emphasizes that they would be happy if the visit to this tourist season was at some 40 to 50 percent compared to 2019.

He also notes that before the pandemic, Medjugorje was visited not only by pilgrims but also by classic tourists.

”Before the coronavirus epidemic itself, one-day visitors came to Medjugorje every year during the winter, from October to March, and returned to Medjugorje, and in that way, not only pilgrims came to Medjugorje, but also classic tourists. These were people who come on tours in the Balkans, where Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) is included with Mostar and Sarajevo, and from that side, I think we have done everything in our power as an association to adapt hotels,” he concluded.

E.Dz.

Source: Vijesti.ba

City which tells the History: Fascinating Views of Srebrenica from the Air (video)
Airports in the FBiH expect New Lines and 1.6 Million Passengers
Thousands of Visitors on Bjelasnica Mountain despite Lack of Precipitation
Tourist Attraction: The Heart of Bijambare can only be reached by Train!
“New Year’s and Christmas Bazaar” solemnly opened in Trebinje
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Every Day Someone new is looking for a Piece of Bread in Soup Kitchens across BiH
Next Article Canton Sarajevo Ministry of Interior has no Operational Knowledge about the endangered Security of Citizens
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Sipovic Sisters win Bronze Medals at the European Senior Karate Championships
May 24, 2026
US Charge d’Affaires welcomes Congressmen in BiH’s Capital
May 24, 2026
BiH FM spoke with the US Congressional Delegation
May 24, 2026
EES brought up to 10 hours-long Waits at the Borders of BiH and the EU
May 24, 2026
Trade Unions demand urgent Adoption of Law on Emergency Administration in New Steelwork Zenica
May 24, 2026
Fifteen BiH National Team Players had their First training Session in Butmir
May 24, 2026
EUFOR ALTHEA and the Italian Red Cross Deliver IHL Course for the AFBiH
May 24, 2026
Who Will Be the New High Representative?
May 24, 2026
Sarajevo Pride Returns as Organizers Invite Citizens to Decorate Balconies with Rainbow Colors
May 23, 2026
More than 200 Oldtimers in Mostar at one of the largest Gatherings of its kind in Europe
May 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?