By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: US Military says it shoot down Iranian Drone
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > US Military says it shoot down Iranian Drone
WORLD NEWS

US Military says it shoot down Iranian Drone

Published: February 3, 2026
Share
SHARE

The US military said on Tuesday it had shot down an Iranian drone that was “aggressively” approaching the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Arabian Sea.

The Iranian Shahed-139 drone was approaching the vessel “with clear intent” and was shot down by an F-35 fighter jet, the US military said.

“The F-35C fighter jet from the USS Abraham Lincoln downed the Iranian drone in self-defense and to protect the aircraft carrier and its crew,” said Tim Hawkins, a spokesman for US Central Command.

There were no injuries or damage reported in the attack, he added.

The incident came as diplomats try to broker talks between Iran and the US over their nuclear programme, with US President Donald Trump warning that warships are heading towards Iran and that “bad things” will happen if a deal is not reached.

The Lincoln carrier strike group is the most visible sign of the US military’s increased presence in the Middle East since last month’s bloody crackdown on anti-government protests in Iran, the worst unrest in the country since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Trump, who has not followed through on his threats to intervene during the protests, has since been demanding nuclear concessions from Tehran. Last week, he said Iran was “in serious talks,” and senior Iranian security official Ali Larijani said talks were underway.

Central Command also reported a second incident on Tuesday that occurred hours later in the Strait of Hormuz, where the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) harassed a US-flagged merchant vessel.

“Two IRGC boats and an Iranian drone approached the M/V Stena Imperative at high speed and threatened to board and seize the vessel,” Hawkins said.

UNICEF has provided Protection for more than 5,698 unaccompanied Children in BiH
The US Official for the Fight against Narcotics arrives in BiH
BiH Foreign Minister requests Problem of Congestion at the Border Crossings with Croatia to be solved
Italy urges UN Member States to support the draft Resolution on Srebrenica
Bosnian Fikret Bacic lost 29 Family Members in One Day
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article “Functional BiH is One of the Key Pillars of Peace and Stability in the Region”
Next Article Improvement of Bilateral Relations in the Focus of Meeting between Zvizdic and Ambassador of Ukraine
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?