By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: What is behind the Secret Contract between the RS Government and the Chinese Company?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BUSINESS > What is behind the Secret Contract between the RS Government and the Chinese Company?
BUSINESSPOLITICS

What is behind the Secret Contract between the RS Government and the Chinese Company?

Published July 29, 2024
Share
SHARE

The system consists of 15 security hubs and is designed to defend against the most complex cyber threats, including state-sponsored attacks. It will protect public administration and 780 institutions at the republic and local levels, according to the Agency for Information and Communication Technologies of the Republika Srpska (RS).

The Agency for Information and Communication Technologies of the RS confirmed that a contract has been signed with the Chinese company ELINC for the procurement of software for digital protection. The contract was signed with a confidentiality designation and, in terms of scope, resources, and complexity, will be the largest information and communication technologies project in the RS. The trigger was the United States (U.S.) sanctions, as the shutdown of the official websites’ domains left the Government of the RS without access to Western-licensed programs.

In accordance with the government’s guidelines for crisis management in supply chains and politically motivated non-United Nations (UN) sanctions, the partner chosen was ELINC, a subsidiary of the “China Electronics Corporation,” a specialized manufacturer of equipment in the field of national information security systems. The project’s goal is to achieve complete protection of the cyberspace of the RS.

This confirmed the reports of one Bosnian and Herzegovinian (BiH) portal,  which first revealed that a secret contract worth 57 million BAM had been signed with a Chinese company. The editor of this portal questioned why an international tender was not announced, why the contract amount was not disclosed, and what the RS is obligated to do over the next 10 years.

“This contract is a continuation of non-transparent dealings with Chinese companies. Before this, we had highways, hospitals, and investments by Chinese firms in the energy sector, and none of these contracts have ever been published, except for the highway, and even that did not include the most important financial terms,” said Sinisa Vukelic, editor of this portal.

According to the editor of another portal, the key flaw is the secrecy of the contract.

“Through amendments to the Public Procurement Law that came into effect in December 2022, the clause on exemptions was expanded to more areas, creating more opportunities for abuse,” said Slobodan Golubovic, editor.

Last month, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury sanctioned seven companies associated with Igor Dodik, son of Milorad Dodik, including the software company Prointer.

“Through his corruption and secessionist rhetoric, Dodik continues to undermine the institutions of BiH and enrich his family at the expense of the people, further jeopardizing BiH’s future in Euro-Atlantic institutions,” the U.S. previously stated.

To date, no new evidence has been presented to support these allegations, but we are unfortunately witnessing the fact that no institution is able or willing to protect us from the propagandistic actions of a foreign government, which have much deeper motives, as companies in BiH that pay all their obligations, taxes, and contributions and regularly pay their workers’ wages.

“My son has no ownership in any of these companies. Prointer has achieved reference rates to be able to compete for the most serious jobs in the region, but since it is hindered by the U.S. sanctions, it must be destroyed, and that is why sanctions were introduced,” said Milorad Dodik, president of the RS.

Due to U.S. sanctions, companies were re-registered and ownership changed, but according to warnings from the U.S. Embassy in BiH, these could also end up on the blacklist.

Izetbegović submits request to the Constitutional Court of BiH?

Potentials of Canton Tuzla presented to Investors in UAE

Fund of 5.2 Million Waits For New Investors

Applause and Welcome for arrested Police Officers suspected of Corruption

Foreign Workers and Businessmen allowed to enter Bosnia and Herzegovina

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The U.S. is developing a Fearsome Weapon, claiming it will provide an Advantage over China and Russia
Next Article Orban: “A Change is coming that has not been seen for 500 Years”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

The Palestinian Community in BiH calls for the Defense of Palestinian Churches and an End to Attacks
February 1, 2026
Former President of Montenegro denies Acquaintance with Epstein
February 1, 2026
The 102nd Anniversary of Aleksa Santic’s Death was marked
February 1, 2026
Israel opens Rafah Crossing, restricts Movement of People from Tomorrow
February 1, 2026
Diaspora Remittances to BiH Keep Growing, Remaining a Key Source of Foreign Inflows
February 1, 2026
Concession Rights for “Istok Two” Coal Deposit Transferred to RiTE Ugljevik
February 1, 2026
A Message At The Height Of Tensions: Iran’s Supreme Leader Visited The Mausoleum Of The Leader Of The Islamic Revolution
February 1, 2026
VAT On Games Of Chance In Urgent Procedure: Fight Against Addiction Or A Fiscal Experiment On Citizens?
February 1, 2026
The Labor Market In BiH Between Optimism And Stagnation
February 1, 2026
What The New Pension Growth Model Brings For 465.000 Pensioners In The FBiH
February 1, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?