Flights by “RyanAir” from Banja Luka airport will not be endangered due to the constant strikes of pilots and cabin crew, deputy director of sales and marketing for central and eastern Europe Denis Barabas told to Nezavisne.
It is expected that Ryan Air will transport 100,000 passengers over Banja Luka airport next year and that flights will start on time, as it was planned, Barabas said.
Namely, flights to Memingen, and to Skavista should begin on October 30th, and flights to Brussels Charleroi will begin in November 2nd.
In the winter season, all flights will operate twice a week.
On the question whether there will be more new connections from Banja Luka airport in the near future, Barabas pointed out that the summer flight scheme for the coming year will be published soon.
“We are always interested in new routes, and their opening depends on the available aircraft capacity, demand for flights and favorable airport deals,” he said.
Recently, officials at Banja Luka airport said there are big plans for “RyanAir” and that these flights will have a great impact on the tourist potential of the city and the Banja Luka region.
Ryanair pilots who are members of the Irish trade union walked out for the first time on Thursday, July 12, in a row over working practices. A second strike took place on Friday, July 20, with more than 4,000 passengers told their flight between Ireland and the UK had been cancelled.
Unions representing cabin crews in Spain, Portugal and Belgium marked the third walkout for two days between July 25 and 26, while the Italian crews striked for one day on July 25. Irish-based pilots held a fourth day of strike action on Friday, August 3, as their dispute with the budget airline loomed on. Ryanair’s German pilots joined their colleagues in Ireland, Sweden and Belgium on strike on August 10. This affected 250 German flights, along with 104 to or from Belgium, 22 Swedish and 20 Irish.