By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: A fragile Truce between India and Pakistan
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > A fragile Truce between India and Pakistan
WORLD NEWS

A fragile Truce between India and Pakistan

Published May 11, 2025
Share
SHARE

A fragile ceasefire was in place between India and Pakistan on Sunday, after hours of night-time fighting between the nuclear-armed neighbours, and US President Donald Trump said he would work to find a solution to Kashmir.

The two traditional rivals have traded intense fire for four days, the worst in nearly three decades, firing missiles and drones at each other’s military installations and killing dozens of people.

The ceasefire agreement was reached after diplomacy and pressure from the United States, but within hours artillery fire began in Indian-administered Kashmir, the focus of much of the fighting.

Blasts from air defence systems echoed in towns along the border that were without power, similar to the previous two nights, according to authorities, residents and Reuters witnesses.

Late on Saturday, Indian authorities said Pakistan had violated the ceasefire agreement and that Indian forces had been instructed to “respond strongly” to any recurrence.

In response, Pakistan said it was committed to the ceasefire and blamed India for the violations.

By dawn, fighting and explosions reported overnight had subsided on both sides of the border, according to Reuters witnesses.

Power had been restored to most areas along India’s border towns after being out overnight.

Trump praised the leaders of both countries for agreeing to stop the aggression.

“While it is not mentioned, I will be significantly increasing trade with both of these great nations. In addition, I will be working with you both to see if we can… work out a solution on Kashmir,” Trump said in a tweet.

The fighting began on Wednesday, two weeks after 26 men were killed in an attack on Hindus in the tourist town of Pahalgam in Indian Kashmir.

Those two countries, created after the British colonial rule in 1947, went to war three times, twice of which over the Kashmir region.

Both Hindu-majority India and Muslim Pakistan rule parts of Kashmir, but each side owns it in its entirety.

ODIHR opens limited Election Observation Mission in Kyrgyzstan

Police says Numerous Citizens steal Food from Grocery Stores in BiH

The former Miss Australia and her Family left BiH with one Suitcase

Planned Afternoon Flight to Bring BiH Citizens Home from Dubai

German FM visits BiH: Progress made on European Path, but there is still Work to be done

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Dodik Threatens Slovenia Over Potential Sanctions: “There Will Be Consequences”
Next Article US President Donald Trump hailed the “great progress” made during Trade Talks between US and China
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Civil Society warns: BiH’s European Path is being deliberately obstructed
April 24, 2026
Who is the Largest Exporter from Bosnia and Herzegovina?
April 24, 2026
False Bomb Threat temporarily disrupts Sarajevo Airport Operations
April 23, 2026
HR Schmidt meets Dutch Officials in the Hague to discuss Security and EU Path of BiH
April 23, 2026
BiH’s Historic Success in Weightlifting
April 23, 2026
23 Years and Ten Months in Prison for Accused in ‘Volan’ Case
April 23, 2026
FBiH Government: Record 190 Million BAM in Incentives for Agriculture
April 23, 2026
FA of BiH: Pre-sale of Tickets for the Match between BiH and North Macedonia is underway
April 23, 2026
Production Shutdown continues at New Steelwork Zenica
April 23, 2026
Hero of Sarajevo’s Defense passes away, had been for Decades
April 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?