By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: A Hearing on the Extension of Darko Elez’s Detention to be held Today
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > A Hearing on the Extension of Darko Elez’s Detention to be held Today
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

A Hearing on the Extension of Darko Elez’s Detention to be held Today

Published: September 2, 2021
Share
SHARE

Darko Elez will be heard in the Court of BiH today on the extension of custody for the acts due to which he was extradited from Serbia to BiH, said lawyer Senad Kreho.

“There will be a hearing on the extension of detention under this new act, according to which he was extradited from Serbia, for two alleged murders and extortion,” Kreho explained.

Kreho considers it absurd that, after Elez was given a maximum detention of three years in the “Puppet” case, he is now going to extend his detention on new, as he said, allegedly committed acts.

Elez was extradited from Serbia, where he lived after serving a prison sentence in Serbia.

The Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina accepted the request of the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH and Darko Elez, who is indicted in the “Puppet” case, ordered detention for three years, confirmed the Prosecutor of BiH Dubravko Campara.

“He was ordered into custody in the Puppet case, as we requested, and Elez and his lawyer have the right to appeal this decision of the Court of BiH,” Campara explained to SRNA.

At yesterday’s hearing, the Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina requested that Darko Elez be remanded in custody for three years for the criminal offenses charged in the case called “Puppet”, after Elez was extradited from Serbia to BiH.

At the beginning of March, after Darko Elez was extradited from Serbia to BiH, it was decided that his detention could not be ordered due to the “Puppet” case, but his detention was ordered due to criminal acts documented by the Republika Srpska Ministry of Interior.

Elez is awaiting trial before the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina on charges of a number of crimes in East Sarajevo and Bosnia and Herzegovina, including mafia murders, extortion, intimidation and other crimes, and was extradited from Serbia, where he lived after serving a prison sentence in Serbia.

Elez has been confirmed in the “Puppet” indictment, which charges him with organized crime in connection with several serious crimes, including aggravated murder, attempted murder, money laundering and other crimes committed in the period from 2005 to 2009.

Extradition on these charges was previously rejected by the courts, because the extradition agreement between Serbia and BiH was not in force at that time.

SIPA arrested Nine Persons over counterfeiting of Documents
Ten Serbs harassed a Girl wearing Hijab in Srebrenica
A new Strain of Coronavirus has been confirmed in 15 tested Citizens
The Cause of Death of Eight Young People officially confirmed
Newly Infected Persons with Coronavirus confirmed in the Sarajevo Canton
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Komsic and Dzaferovic meet with Slovenian President
Next Article Microbiologist Dikic: Elderly People who have not yet been vaccinated are at greatest Risk
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?