POLITICS

Banja Luka Mayor is not welcomed on Mostar Jumps after Statments on Genocide

Due to yesterday’s comment on the decision of the High Representative to ban the denial of genocide, the organizers of the traditional jumps from the Old Bridge in Mostar withdrew the previously handed invitation for tomorrow’s event to the Mayor of Banja Luka, Drasko Stanivukovic.

The organizing committee of the “Mostari” Jumping Club sent a letter to Stanivukovic in which he canceled his invitation to come to this traditional event in Mostar.

“Dear Mayor Stanivukovic, we are very sorry that we are canceling your arrival for the 455th traditional jumps this way. Srebrenica is a painful wound for all of us and will always be. On this bridge on July 11, ‘Mostar’ jumps without applause to mark the Day of Mourning and your statements in the media are something that additionally shook all of us and put this people on an open wound again “, reads the letter that the Organizing Committee of the Club of Jumpers in” Mostar “sent to Stanovukovic.

Stanivukovic said yesterday after the decision of High Representative Valentin Inzko that it was a terribly bad move, Klix.ba writes.

“It’s one terribly bad move. Although I have never said that about his work before, I can say that this move is cowardly. You show some kind of courage before you leave. I think that it is very bad and it can deepen the tensions even more, it is not good for the Republika Srpska and for our people. Any kind of imposition is not good, if someone imposes an opinion or a view on history on me, it is disastrous and harmful for me. “Any kind of coercion in BiH has proven to be very bad for the whole of Bosnia and Herzegovina,” Stanivukovic said when asked by journalist of Buka.

Leave a Comment