By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Belgrade Court orders Detention to Persons suspected of Stealing 43.000 Decorations from Palace
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Belgrade Court orders Detention to Persons suspected of Stealing 43.000 Decorations from Palace
WORLD NEWS

Belgrade Court orders Detention to Persons suspected of Stealing 43.000 Decorations from Palace

Published: March 22, 2024
Share
SHARE

The Third Basic Court in Belgrade ordered the detention of four suspects for stealing decorations from the Palace of Serbia, this judicial institution announced.

Detention was assigned to the persons I.Z. /53/, S.S. /44/, N.A. /63/ and A.T. /60/ for participating in the theft of 43,000 orders from the Office for orders in the right wing of the Palace of Serbia.

The court said that the public will be informed in a timely manner about further actions taken by the prosecution in order to clarify all the details of the criminal act.

Eight people were arrested for the theft of medals, two of whom are on the run, which is why the prosecution proposed to the court to issue a warrant.

It was discovered a decade ago that tens of thousands of orders were missing from the Palace of Serbia building, after which the case began to be investigated.

However, it was only now that the Third Basic Public Prosecutor’s Office launched an investigation against ten people, including Slobodan Homan, a lawyer and former state secretary in the Ministry of Justice.

As “Blic” learns, the stolen items were located in three rooms in the SIV building.

“The thieves were so proud that they took almost everything from what was in the premises. Moreover, if they had stolen 20 percent of what was in them, no one would have even noticed,” says a “Blic” source familiar with the investigation.

As “Blic” learns, the cabinet of the then Minister of Justice Nikola Selaković noticed that the decorations had disappeared from the premises, and made an official note.

“This has been investigated for years, and the medals were allegedly stolen back in 2007,” says the “Blic” source.

In addition to Slobodan Homen (52), collector Jovan Mara (65) is suspected of complicity in the theft of 43,000 medals.

A warrant was issued for Homen at the proposal of the Third Basic Public Prosecutor’s Office in Belgrade. He was the State Secretary of the Ministry of Justice and a lawyer.

In an extensive arrest operation organized by the Third Basic Public Prosecutor’s Office in Belgrade and the Criminal Police Directorate, the Crime Suppression Service, eight persons, J.M. (65), N.A. (63), I.Z. (53), O.P.G. (65), S.S. (44), A.T. (60), A.R. (61) and R.K. (64), while after Slobodan Homen (52) and S.B. (46) The third prosecution submitted a proposal to the court to issue warrants.

According to the criminal complaint, so far 10 persons from the decoration office, which is located in the right wing of the SIV, committed serious theft of state property, namely 43,000 state decorations of extremely high value.

The suspects were heard, they all presented their defences, after which the Third Prosecutor’s Office submitted to the court a proposal to order detention for four people, to issue a warrant and order detention for two people, because they are not available to state authorities, and for three people a measure to ensure the smooth conduct of criminal proceedings.

The Third Basic Public Prosecutor’s Office in Belgrade continues with the Criminal Police Department, the Crime Suppression Service, further work on elucidating all the details of the event in question and work on establishing the identity of all persons who participated in this serious theft of state property, about which the public will be informed later, reports “SrpskaInfo“.

The Russian Ministry of Defense claims that they have taken Control of the Settlements in Kharkiv and Donetsk
Of Silence and EU Rush – The Equation of Communism with Nazism
Netanyahu Travels to Hungary for Talks Amid Regional Tensions
New Israeli Military Orders Palestinians to leave northern Gaza
The national Monument of BiH collapsed in Banja Luka
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Israeli Ministers condemned the Rescue of 70 Orphans from Gaza
Next Article Russia and China vetoed the US draft Resolution on Gaza
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?