By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: BiH has done little to realize the Rights of Victims of sexual Violence
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > BiH has done little to realize the Rights of Victims of sexual Violence
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

BiH has done little to realize the Rights of Victims of sexual Violence

Published June 18, 2022
Share
SHARE

Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) needs to do much more when it comes to exercising the rights of victims of sexual violence, it was said in Sarajevo at a presentation of a program to mark June 19th, International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in War, and 30 Years since the Crime against Women of BiH.

International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in War is marked to raise awareness of the need to end sexual violence as a weapon of war, pay tribute to victims of sexual violence, and thank all those who have dedicated their lives to preventing this type of violence.

Midheta Kaloper, a representative of the Association of War Victims in Foca 1992-1995, said that the association was preparing to mark the event in Foca in front of SD ‘Partizan’, “one of the largest torture chambers in Europe for women.”

She said that the state of BiH had done very little when it came to the surviving women who carried most of the torture during the aggression against BiH on their shoulders.

Kaloper pointed out that so far the state of BiH should have systematically resolved this issue, ie that there is an agency, an institution that will deal with the rights of war survivors.

Furthermore, she stated that the program will start at 11 am on June 19th, with speeches scheduled, after which all raped women in BiH and around the world who survive the worst tortures will be honored on the main square in Foca.

”Rape is, unfortunately, the cheapest weapon, and it leaves the biggest consequences when it comes to the surviving victim,”Kaloper said.

She added that Foca was the site of the greatest systemic sexual violence and rape of women in the war in BiH. Little girls were also raped in Foca, and the youngest was 11 years old.

She also spoke about the torture against men and said that it was difficult for them to talk about it. She encouraged men to talk in order to work together to fight for justice.

Izet Spahic, councilor in the Foca Municipal Assembly, spoke about the attitudes of the local community towards the victims of sexual violence in the war. Spahic said that since the founding of the association, they have been trying to provide support in their fight for justice.

He believes that there is an unsustainable situation and called on higher levels of government and the international community to support their fight.

”We hope that in the future the time to come will yield better results on this topic,” he added, Federalna writes.

E.Dz.

Bosnia and Herzegovina arrests Suspected ISIS Fighter extradited from Turkey

Workshop on Occasion of Marking 10 Years of Judicial Reforms in B&H

67 Croats brutally murdered on this Day in 1992

Sarajevo among the most polluted Cities in the World again

Sarajevo: The charter of Kulin Ban was awarded to Fan Shop of FC Željezničar

TAGGED:#BiH#news#violence#women
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Germany FM: We must finally take the next Steps in the Western Balkans
Next Article The List of those killed in the 1992-1995 War has been published
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

HR Schmidt: No One in Munich supported the Idea of ​​Secession in Bosnia and Herzegovina
February 16, 2026
BiH Defense Minister and Egyptian Ambassador Discuss Finalization of Defense Cooperation Agreement
February 16, 2026
COM EUFOR held a Meeting with French Ambassador to BiH
February 16, 2026
Today’s Protests are over, new ones are scheduled for Tomorrow at 12:00
February 16, 2026
GRAS Director Senad Mujagic resigns
February 16, 2026
Dodik: Military Alliance between Croatia, Albania and Kosovo a Threat to BiH
February 16, 2026
Becirovic, Krichbaum Discuss Dodik’s Hate Speech Evoking Europe’s Darkest Periods
February 16, 2026
New Direct Flight between Sarajevo and Tel Aviv soon
February 16, 2026
BiH Foreign Minister attends the 3rd Makkah Halal Forum
February 16, 2026
Exhibition “United Colors of Olympic City” to Close Sarajevo Olympic Week 2026
February 16, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?