By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Bosnian Ministry of Justice reveals Date of State Prison’s Opening
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Bosnian Ministry of Justice reveals Date of State Prison’s Opening
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Bosnian Ministry of Justice reveals Date of State Prison’s Opening

Published: July 17, 2020
Share
SHARE

On July 22nd, Ministry of Justice of Bosnia and Herzegovina will hold a ceremonial opening of the Institute for the Execution of Criminal Sanctions, Detention and Other Measures of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The object occupies 24,000 m2, 348 cells, of which 298 for prisoners and 50 for detainees.

Every cell where will be located prisoners will occupy a total area of about 12 m2. The beginning of the construction of the high-security institution in which the convicts will be serving their prison sentence lasted for very long.

The first works officially started on the 22nd of July, 2014. After a slow and painful beginning, masters, engineers and construction workers are working on the prison almost every day of the week in the last year.

“State prison is one of the few objects that has no problem with the financial part. The money is secured and everything is going as planned. The works have been intensified in the last two months,” said Strahilo Subasic, head of the construction site in the name of the company OHL ZS, which is the general contractor.

The cells will not have grid as it is a common practice in prisons, but large windows with bulletproof glass. In the corner of each cell will be installed air-conditioning, and in a small bathroom will be shower, a small sink and toilet. Each floor of the object will have rooms for non-smokers, as well as special rooms for visitors. There will be also special cells for disabled persons and persons with developmental disabilities.

On one side of object will be placed the so called bedrooms with access to the garden. Prisoners will be able to use the Internet, library, sports facilities, and the construction of a large restaurant is currently taking place. The usage of cell phones will be banned. What is interesting is that there will be no workshops within the prison, where prisoners are usually engaged in creative work.

It is especially important to emphasize that the state prison will be secured according to the highest possible safety standards.

“The security system will be at the highest levels, so that there will be no possibility of escape. The prison was designed in accordance with the best safety standards in Europe and the world,” said the Director of the Unit for the construction of the state prison, Zoran Basic.

Since BiH has the problem of overcrowded detention facilities, the plan is to relieve the entity capacities.

“Why are you not here?” Exhibition on Srebrenica Genocide to be opened in Venice
Football Giant Ivica Osim celebrates 79th Birthday
Gregorian: BiH is doing quality Work in the Fight against Terrorism
BiH Government hopes to answer EC follow-up questions in Three Months
Heightened Monitoring Continues Due To Snow And Hydrometeorological Risks
TAGGED:#BiH#construction#country#opening#prison
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Federal Primie Minister is in Stable Health Condition after being tested Positive for Coronavirus
Next Article 28 Years old Man died after Severe Pneumonia caused by Coronavirus
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo Canton Invests Millions of BAM in the Renovation and Equipment of the Emergency Medical Services
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?