By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Brcko District BiH: Change of Mayor for the second Time in Half a Year?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Brcko District BiH: Change of Mayor for the second Time in Half a Year?
POLITICS

Brcko District BiH: Change of Mayor for the second Time in Half a Year?

Published: August 17, 2023
Share
SHARE

Five months after the dismissal of Esed Kadrić from the post of mayor, a request for a new dismissal was launched in the Brčko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Seven deputies submitted a proposal for the dismissal of the mayor Zijad Nišić due to, as they stated, inertness in solving numerous issues. Will there be another shift in September?

The process of dismissing the mayor of Brčko District, Zijad Nišić, was initiated by five deputies of the SDA and two from the Party for BiH, to which Nišić himself belongs, and who were therefore excluded from the party.

“It turned out that we were wrong 6 months ago, because we forced a man who does not want to be the mayor, his trouble and inertness led to all this. The reasons we gave for the dismissal of Kadric, the dynamization of the process did not happen and it seems to me to do worse than the SDA did,” says independent deputy in the Assembly of the Brčko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Abdulah Ijazović.

“We have a situation where many capital projects have been slowed down, the initiatives of the Government and the mayor himself have been slowed down, when it comes to legal solutions, the agenda of the Assembly is in the middle and a lot of things have stopped in the District after the change took place”, believes the SDA deputy in Eldad Mrkaljević to the Assembly of Brčko District of BiH.

The current mayor answers – the initiative is not based on bad work, a lot has been done.

“In principle, the opposition keeps silent about what is good, publicizes what is not good. Until a few days ago, both MPs participated in the creation of Brčko District policy, I believe that they overlooked that their results were incorporated into the government’s results,” states the mayor of Brčko District of BiH, Zijad Nišić.

The official position of the representatives of the Serbian and Croatian people is still awaited on the initiative to dismiss the current mayor of Brčko District. The SNSD previously said that the so-called Serbian majority will discuss this after the vacation and that it is important that all processes continue. On the other hand, the HDZ point out that the situation is specific and, although they supported the proposals of the majority, now they have to think about it and make a decision at the party bodies. Also, the attitude of the supervisor for Brcko, Jonathan Menutti, who is now officially on vacation in the United States, is not negligible.

Whether the district will change its mayor for the second time in less than half a year will be known already on September 6, when this proposal will be presented to the deputies in the Brčko District Assembly. If there is a change, the new mayor could be Abdulah Ijazović.

Chairman Zvizdic with Chancellor Merkel: Unquestionable Support of Germany to BiH
FBiH adopted the Strategy for Prevention and Combating Domestic Violence
March 1st is a Non-working Day in the Federation of BiH
Serbia decides not to send Police Officers to BiH
BiH Court to Deliver Verdict Against Five Former VRS Military Policemen for War Crimes in Rogatica
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Institute will fire the Employee who abused an Inmate, an Investigation has been requested
Next Article German Support in the Implementation of Infrastructure Projects in BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?