By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: “Chairs That Speak”: Mostar Remembers 15 Victims Of Femicide
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > “Chairs That Speak”: Mostar Remembers 15 Victims Of Femicide
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

“Chairs That Speak”: Mostar Remembers 15 Victims Of Femicide

Published November 27, 2025
Share
SHARE

In Mostar, on Wednesday, an artistic-activist performance called “Chairs that speak” began, which will, until December 10th, remind citizens of the 15 victims of femicide in the past two years in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).

The performance is being held at the Spanish Square, organized by the Initiative of Citizens of Mostar, and is part of the global campaign “16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence,” which lasts from November 25th to December 10th – Human Rights Day.

A reminder of one of the most serious social problems

The Initiative points out that the performance was organized not long after the murder of Aldina Jahic (32), and that it represents an opportunity for the public to confront one of today’s most serious problems – gender-based violence and femicide.

The vice president of the Initiative, Alma Pelo Zagorcic, said that behind them there are 15 chairs with the initials of women murdered in the past two years.

“Those are the data we received based on the research of Ms. Senka Kurt and from non-governmental organizations. We also have the problem of the non-existence of a register of femicide victims,” she warned, calling on the citizens of Mostar to attend the performance and, if they wish, bring a flower as a symbolic tribute.

The Initiative also emphasized the question that accompanies each chair: “How many more?”

Three women murdered since the beginning of 2025

The executive director of the Initiative, Ifeta Cesir Skoro, stated that by the start of the performance in 2025, three women had been murdered in BiH, two of them only in this month. The data were collected in research conducted with the support of the OSCE.

“On the chairs are QR codes with data about femicide victims. The data show that these are women of various ages, and the longer the life was, the longer the violence lasted,” Skoro emphasized.

She added that a large part of the violence was not reported because women did not have trust in the system, due to deeply rooted patriarchy, and that in cases where the violence was reported, the protection system failed.

“I ask citizens to raise their voice together. Together we can do a lot – to point out to the protection system that women need to be believed and that they need to be protected,” she said.

Focus on digital violence and community support

Skoro emphasized that this year’s campaign is especially dedicated to digital violence, and that the local community has prepared video messages of support for women and girls, available on the social networks of the Initiative.

The performance was supported by the City of Mostar, the Swedish organization Kvinna till Kvinna, and Mostar Gymnasium, whose students and teaching staff helped prepare the performance, Federalna writes.

The City of Visoko will provide Free Textbooks for all Pupils

What is the Number of Citizens of BiH in Battlefields in Syria?

Protestors Await Response from FB&H Government

No New Cases of Coronavirus confirmed in Tuzla Canton for 13th Consecutive Days

Tarik Arnautovic from Denmark is making a wooden Playground for his youngest Neighbors in Travnik

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Last Year’s Floods Were Not A Lesson For Taking Measures
Next Article Deputy Defense Minister seeks Reaction from EUFOR and NATO
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Former Prime Minister of the Federation of BiH could be granted an early Release?
January 30, 2026
28 Migrants’ Graves Marked at the Bosnia and Herzegovina – Serbia Border
January 30, 2026
The Foreign Trade Chamber of BiH demands an immediate stop of Border Crossings Blockage
January 30, 2026
Philippe Morillon, General Who Failed to Prevent the Srebrenica Genocide, Has Died
January 30, 2026
Dodik: Sarajevo is our Enemy, we have the Right to Self-determination
January 30, 2026
Without A Single Meter Of Expressway Or Motorway: When Will TC Get Safe Roads?
January 30, 2026
MP Smajic: SNSD And HDZ Listen To Moscow, They Want To Show That BiH Is Unsustainable
January 30, 2026
From Precision Strikes To Complete Chaos: Seven Possible Outcomes Of A U.S. Attack On Iran
January 30, 2026
Base Salary for Police Officers in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Increased
January 30, 2026
Bangladesh and Pakistan resume Direct Flights after 14 Years
January 30, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?