By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: China cancels Friendlies against Argentina because of Messi
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > SPORT > China cancels Friendlies against Argentina because of Messi
SPORTWORLD NEWS

China cancels Friendlies against Argentina because of Messi

Published: February 10, 2024
Share
Photo credit: Creative Commons
SHARE

China’s top sports officials in China canceled two friendlies against world champions Argentina after their star star Lionel Messi did not feature in an exhibition match with his club Inter Miami in Hong Kong.

The Argentine national football team is going on a tour of China between March 18 and 26, when they will play friendly matches against Nigeria in Hangzhou and Ivory Coast in Beijing.

“For now, Beijing does not intend to organize a match in which Lionel Messi is expected to participate,” said a press release today by the Beijing Football Association, which oversees soccer in the Chinese capital.

The match in Hangzhou was canceled already on Friday evening. “For reasons known to all, according to the relevant authorities, the conditions for holding the event have not been met,” the Hangzhou Sports Bureau said.

Messi and his American club Inter Miami angered spectators when the Ballon d’Or winner was left on the bench during a friendly against the local team in Hong Kong on Sunday. An injury was cited as the reason for not playing.

The ticket for the game in Hong Kong cost up to 450 euros. The fans were unhappy and demanded a refund, and team co-owner David Beckham was booed when he tried to thank the crowd for coming to the game.

Messi played half an hour in his team’s next warm-up game in Japan, sparking further anger in China and accusations that Messi was deliberately damaging China’s reputation and favoring Japan.

“Kritična masa” to organize another Bicycle Ride in Sarajevo
UN agency says 26,000 Somali refugees affected by U.S. travel ban
21st round of BiH Premier League is being played today
FC Mladost from Doboj Kakanj in the Premier League of B&H
Two Members of BiH Presidency met with OSCE Secretary General
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Is Europe headed for Recession?
Next Article First Deputy Minister of Defense in Ukraine has been dismissed
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Preparations for the World Cup begin: ‘Dragons’ gather in BiH’s Capital
May 23, 2026
42,762 Traffic Accidents recorded in BiH last Year, 117 per Day
May 23, 2026
Where is BiH 34 Years after its admission to the United Nations?
May 23, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with President of the Jewish Community in BiH
May 23, 2026
From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?