By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: China warns NATO: Abandon Cold War Mentality
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > China warns NATO: Abandon Cold War Mentality
WORLD NEWS

China warns NATO: Abandon Cold War Mentality

Published: June 27, 2025
Share
SHARE

China on Thursday called on NATO to stop encouraging confrontation and to abandon the Cold War mentality.

“If NATO truly cares about security in Europe and the world, it should stop fueling the fire and encouraging confrontation,” said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Guo Jiakun at a press conference in Beijing.

NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte said at the NATO Public Forum on Tuesday that the bloc was not established only to fight against Russia, although it is the most immediate, long-term threat to the Alliance.

“We also see how China is reconstituting itself. We see what China, North Korea, and Iran are doing by supporting Russia’s war efforts in the war against Ukraine,” said Rutte.

Guo called those comments “slandering of China’s normal military development” and “yet another excuse by NATO to drastically increase military spending to have a presence in the Asia-Pacific region.”

Guo said that although NATO presents itself as a regional organization, it continues to go beyond the political framework defined in its treaty and uses Eurasian connectivity as an excuse for its presence in the Asia-Pacific region.

China has called on NATO to “carefully consider its actions, listen to the call for justice from the international community, abandon the Cold War mentality of global confrontation, as well as the zero-sum game,” which Guo called outdated concepts.

At the summit in the Netherlands, NATO supported the greater defense spending target of 5 percent of the national product by 2035, which was a direct response to Trump’s demands and Europeans’ fears that Russia could pose an increasing threat to their security.

The spokesman for the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that NATO’s combined military expenditures accounted for 55 percent of global spending in 2024.

“NATO continues to ask its members to drastically increase their military spending to five percent of GDP to build a more deadly NATO with hidden motives,” said Guo.

Last year, China accounted for half of all spending in Asia and was the second-largest military spender in the world, increasing its budget to an estimated 314 billion dollars, which is a 7 percent increase compared to 2023, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).

Guo said that Beijing “will firmly protect its sovereignty, security, development, and interests.”

Wounded, Hungry, and Alone – the Children of Gaza who have lost their Parents
First Deputy Minister of Defense in Ukraine has been dismissed
President called Croatia the Bottom of the European Union
Vucic Announces He Will Step Down as President of Serbia in 18 Months
Netanyahu: Whoever harms us, we will harm them, we have destroyed Thousands of Hezbollah Rockets
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article 150,000 Expected at Commemoration Marking 30th Anniversary of Srebrenica Genocide
Next Article Cristiano Ronaldo Two More Years At Al Nassr
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

1.7 Million BAM worth Monument to be built in Banja Luka
August 21, 2026
The Cantonal Police Department has secured more than 40 Public Gatherings
August 21, 2026
Duma: I Never Wanted to Make a Film About the Community, but a Film With the Community
August 21, 2026
Helicopter of BiH AF once again extinguishes the Fire in the Area of Bosansko Grahovo
August 21, 2026
Genocide Victims respond to Vucic’s Request for Mladic’s Treatment
August 21, 2026
Solomun in front of the Eternal Fire Tonight!
August 21, 2026
French EUFOR Reserve Units Arrive in Bosnia and Herzegovina by Air and Road
August 21, 2026
Céline Sciamma: The Camera Can Give a Soul to an Ordinary Object
August 21, 2026
Austrian Reserve Forces arrive in BiH for EUFOR ”Quick Response 2026”
August 21, 2026
Asghar Farhadi: Life is Never Linear
August 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?