By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Court of BiH sentenced One Person for Joining Paramilitary Unit in Syria
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Court of BiH sentenced One Person for Joining Paramilitary Unit in Syria
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Court of BiH sentenced One Person for Joining Paramilitary Unit in Syria

Published: May 28, 2024
Share
SHARE

The Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina sentenced Vildan Ključo to three years in prison for going to the Syrian battlefield, where he was from 2012 to 2023.

Ključo was found guilty of illegally forming and joining foreign paramilitary or parapolice formations.

The Chairman of the Judicial Council, Izo Tankić, said that the Council assessed that the prescribed minimum sentence would achieve its purpose, and that it did not find particularly mitigating circumstances to impose a sentence below the prescribed minimum.

According to the first-instance verdict, Ključo traveled to Turkey on February 28, 2012, from where he transferred to Syria and joined a unit that became part of the so-called Syrian Liberation Army with the aim of violent regime change in that country.

Judge Tankić recalled the testimony of witnesses who spoke about the defendant’s stay and activities in Syria, reports Birn.

“They joined that unit, borrowed weapons and went on guard,” said Tankić, adding that some witnesses spoke of their decision to return to Bosnia and Herzegovina, and that Ključo told them that he did not intend to return.

The judge stated that the Council established that Ključo was in Syria even after 2014, when joining foreign formations became a criminal offense.

The accused was remanded in custody, where he has been since returning to Bosnia and Herzegovina on October 15, 2023.

Ključo did not attend the sentencing.

The Prosecutor’s Office previously stated that he is one of the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina with the longest stay on a foreign battlefield.

An appeal is allowed against the pronounced verdict, Srna writes.

OSCE Presents Map of Prosecution of War Crimes
New Product of Sarajevo Brewery – Natural Spring Water “Lejla”
Brčko: IPA Helps the Policeman Afflicted by the Floods
Six Days after the Tragedy: Expert Teams help Pensioners and Employees
Young People from B&H and the Region at Peace Camp on Igman
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Croatia in the first place for the Quality of Water for Bathing on the Coast
Next Article The Danish Parliament rejected a Bill on the Recognition of a Palestinian State
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Belgium launches Investigation into ‘Sniper Safaris’ during Bosnian War
May 22, 2026
Travnik demonstrates a high Level of Readiness with “Lasva 26” Demonstration Exercise
May 22, 2026
EUFOR Commander Engages Students in Dialogue on Security, Stability, and BiH’s Future
May 22, 2026
Euphoria in Sarajevo: “The Dragons” at the World Cup Spark a True Panini Sticker Frenzy
May 22, 2026
Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?