By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Croatia Plans Migrant Centre Near Border with Bosnia and Herzegovina
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > Uncategorized > Croatia Plans Migrant Centre Near Border with Bosnia and Herzegovina
Uncategorized

Croatia Plans Migrant Centre Near Border with Bosnia and Herzegovina

Published: March 1, 2026
Share
SHARE

Following announcements from Croatia that it plans to build a migrant reception centre at the site of the former Željava military airbase, located on the border between the two countries, the Prime Minister of Una-Sana Canton (USK), Mustafa Ružnić, told Klix.ba that he is awaiting responses from relevant institutions.

According to Ružnić, inquiries were sent immediately after the first information about the planned construction became public, addressing all relevant authorities in both the Republic of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

“I contacted representatives from Ličko Petrovo Selo. They told me that, as far as they are concerned, they will organise public protests and will not allow this when it comes to Željava. I sent them a letter of support on behalf of Una-Sana Canton. I also addressed the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Croatia regarding the Željava location, and I called on our Ministry of Security and Ministry of Foreign Affairs to stand in protection of the USK,” Ružnić told Klix.ba.

He noted that a similar approach had already been seen during the construction of the Lipa migrant centre near Bihać, when the Croatian side opposed the facility being built at the Bugar site, which is located directly along the border.

“Especially now, when it comes to Željava, we cannot allow this from our side. We are acting in this way because past experience has shown that when higher levels of government are involved, reactions tend to come slowly. That is why I have already sent official letters last week and this week – to our ministries, to Croatian authorities, and to neighbouring municipalities and counties. Now we are waiting for responses and reactions to see what will happen,” Ružnić added.

He stressed that a situation similar to the Trgovska Gora case, involving the planned radioactive waste storage site, must not be repeated, referring to events in 2020 when, he said, the Croatian side unilaterally began clearing forest on Mount Plješevica in the Željava border zone.

“In the morning, a patrol reported it to the Police Commissioner, who then called me. We saw that forest was being cut on the Croatian side. We sent several official notes over the course of a few days and informed our Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at the time headed by Minister Bisera Turković. She responded only on the 14th or 15th day, saying she would take certain measures, but by then the work had already been completed,” Ružnić said.

According to him, the current security situation in the context of migration is stable, with just over 300 migrants currently accommodated at the Lipa camp.

FM Deputy held Meeting with Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia
The Jewish Cemetery in Sarajevo is completely neglected
Spotlight: China propels global economy through sustainable development 
Masic: The Abuse of Bosniak Returnee Children must be stopped
The Houthis targeted a Cargo ship and American Destroyers in the Red Sea
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Independence Day of Bosnia and Herzegovina celebrated in Tripoli
Next Article A strong Explosion shook Tehran, the Israeli Military claims it targeted the City Center
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?