By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Horrible Data from scientific Study: At least 186,000 Deaths can be attributed to the War in Gaza
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Horrible Data from scientific Study: At least 186,000 Deaths can be attributed to the War in Gaza
WORLD NEWS

Horrible Data from scientific Study: At least 186,000 Deaths can be attributed to the War in Gaza

Published July 9, 2024
Share
©️ Britannica
SHARE

Applying a conservative estimate of four indirect deaths to one direct death reported in Gaza, a new study published in the prestigious medical journal The Lancet says it is “not implausible” to estimate that up to 186,000 or even more deaths could be attributed to the Gaza war.

The paper, titled “Counting the dead in Gaza: difficult but essential”, published on July 5th, said that using the Gaza Strip’s 2022 population estimate of 2,375,259, the estimated death toll would be 7.9 percent of the total population in the enclave’s besieged area.

On Sunday, the Palestinian Health Ministry said Israel had killed at least 38,153 Palestinians in Gaza since October 7th, while more than 87,828 were wounded in the besieged enclave. Of these, 15,983 are children.

A study by Rasha Khatib, Martin McKee and Salim Yusuf used data as of June 19th, with an official death toll of 37,396. Official records kept by the Gaza Ministry of Health do not include more than 10,000 people missing or buried under the rubble.

”The ministry had to expand its usual reporting, based on people dying in its hospitals or brought in dead, with information from reliable media sources and first responders. This change inevitably degraded previously recorded detailed data. As a result, the Gaza Ministry of Health now separately reports the number of unidentified bodies in the total number of deaths. As of May 10th, 2024, 30% of the 35,091 deaths were unidentified,” the paper noted.

It also pointed out that armed conflicts have “indirect health implications beyond the direct harm of violence”.

“Even if the conflict ends immediately, there will still be many indirect deaths from causes such as reproductive, communicable and non-communicable diseases in the coming months and years,” the paper said.

A report dated February 7th, 2024, at a time when the direct death toll was 28,000, estimated that without a ceasefire there would be between 58,260 deaths (without an outbreak or escalation) and 85,750 deaths (if both occur) by August 6th, 2024.

The interim measures imposed by the International Court of Justice in January require Israel to “take effective measures to prevent the destruction and ensure the preservation of evidence relating to allegations of acts under the … Genocide Convention.”

“An immediate and urgent ceasefire in the Gaza Strip is essential, accompanied by measures that will allow the distribution of medical supplies, food, clean water and other resources for basic human needs,” the magazine said, Klix.ba reports.

E. Dz.

What is the Amount of World Capital in 2015?

Americans Warn of Potential Israeli ‘Preemptive Strike’ on Iran Amid Rising Tensions

The Population of Hundreds of Houses evacuated due to Flooding across Britain

Coronavirus Outbreak to have Severe Consequences for Population living in extreme Poverty

Students from BiH Take Part in Second Tokunoshima International Youth Camp in Japan

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Salihamidzic’s Move from two Years ago brings Bayern 20 Million Euros
Next Article Turkey officially accepted July 11 as the International Day of Remembrance of the Genocide in Srebrenica
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Exchange of Letters on the 30th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between BiH and Japan
February 20, 2026
BiH’s Specialized Industry Records Steady Export Growth Over the Past Five Years
February 20, 2026
Cassis and Konakovic: Transparent Elections are crucial for Democracy in BiH
February 20, 2026
The US Supreme Court overturned Trump’s Tariffs
February 20, 2026
Becirovic-Cassis: OSCE remains dedicated to preserving Peace and Stability in BiH and the Region
February 20, 2026
BiH Photographer Bakir Niksic passes away: A Man who saw Beauty in ordinary People
February 20, 2026
Protection of Buna River instead of Small Hydroelectric Power Plants
February 20, 2026
Government of FBiH Approves Adjustment of Pensions in the Amount of 11.26 Percent
February 20, 2026
POSKOK officially took over the Donja Jablanica Case
February 20, 2026
Kristo Urges Western Balkan PMs to Present Unified EU Strategy Amid Escalating Transport Disputes
February 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?