By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: In five Years, more than 6,000 Drivers left Bosnia and Herzegovina
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > In five Years, more than 6,000 Drivers left Bosnia and Herzegovina
WORLD NEWS

In five Years, more than 6,000 Drivers left Bosnia and Herzegovina

Published: June 18, 2023
Share
SHARE

The news that Germany will recognize driver’s licenses of all categories from Bosnia and Herzegovina from August 1st worried the owners of transport companies. They fear that the remaining professional drivers will also leave our country, and that there will be no one to work. They say that more than 6,000 drivers have left Bosnia and Herzegovina in the last five years.

In the countries of the European Union, the salaries of professional drivers are up to three times higher than in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and this is the main reason why they decide to go and work abroad. By recognizing German driver’s licenses, it will be much easier for them to leave. Carriers are already scratching their heads. They say that professional drivers have long been in short supply, which is why they were forced to hire pensioners.

“A huge outflow of professional drivers can be expected in August, and we already have a huge problem and deficit. I don’t know who will stay here and whether we will have a sufficient number of young drivers, because pensioners are already driving in many transport companies”, says Nikola Grbić, president of the Association of Transporters for International and Internal Transport of the RS.

The conditions for drivers to go to European countries were previously more complicated, because they had to pass KOD 95 or change their driver’s licenses to ones from Serbia or Croatia. None of the professional drivers wanted to stand in front of the camera, but in an informal conversation they told us that long delays at the border are one of their biggest problems. They are not satisfied with the salaries either because, as they say, they do one of the most difficult and responsible jobs.

The RS Chamber of Commerce believes that it is necessary to change the legal regulations.

“We can talk about training drivers, about trying to keep them or attract new ones, through some legal measures, through talking with businessmen, to talk about a possible increase in wages, so that these same workers stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, says Dejan Raus, spokesperson of the RS Chamber of Commerce.

It is not only drivers who leave, but everyone who has the opportunity, warns economic analyst Zoran Pavlović. The reason for leaving BiH is not only economic, but also political insecurity: “All this is caused by the dissatisfaction of people, who are looking for some other conditions, normal for life. Here we are in a situation where we have no new investment projects. The government does nothing to make life easier for citizens”.

About 6,000 professional drivers left Bosnia and Herzegovina in the last five years, and 1,400 companies re-registered their activity in one of the countries of the European Union.

Elmedin Konaković, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, discussed the recognition of driver’s licenses from Bosnia and Herzegovina in Germany and dual citizenship with the head of diplomacy Annalena Baerbock and members of the cabinet of German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

Syrian Authorities open Schools a Week after Assad’s Ouster
Puma terminates Sponsorship of Israel’s National Football Team
Entire Austria declared a Risk Area due to Bird Flu
46 million BAM will be paid to Social Beneficiaries in Republika Srpska
Borrell: Might makes not Right, unjust Wars are doomed to be lost
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The Information Technology Sector is rapidly developing in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Next Article Peace March to take place on July 8th
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

EUFOR and NATO Cooperation remains essential in supporting domestic Institutions
May 15, 2026
7,561 Missing Persons are still being searched for in BiH
May 15, 2026
Due to the lack of Judges, more than 13,000 Pending Cases
May 15, 2026
New Commander of NATO HQ Sarajevo: We remain committed to a secure and stable Future for all Citizens of BiH
May 15, 2026
A Magnitude 6.3 Earthquake struck northern Japan
May 15, 2026
Minister Forto: Solution for Drivers adopted
May 15, 2026
After Shutting Down New Steelwork, Pre-Bankruptcy Proceedings for Toplana Begin
May 15, 2026
High School Graduates Secretly Renovate Teacher’s Worn-Out Car to Support Her Animal Rescue Work
May 15, 2026
Cvijanovic continued her Visits to Washington, met with Two congressmen
May 15, 2026
International Police Operation codenamed”Linx” and Expert Warnings
May 15, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?