By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israel is supposedly supplied through Arab Countries and thus avoids the Blockade?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israel is supposedly supplied through Arab Countries and thus avoids the Blockade?
WORLD NEWS

Israel is supposedly supplied through Arab Countries and thus avoids the Blockade?

Published: February 7, 2024
Share
SHARE

Israel is using a land route through several Arab countries to avoid a blockade by Yemen’s Houthis, Hebrew-language media reported.

Israel is reportedly importing goods through the Persian Gulf via the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia and Jordan in an attempt to bypass the Houthi-blocked shipping route through the Red Sea.

After the start of the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip, the Houthis launched numerous attacks on ships that delivered goods to Israel, which significantly affected global trade.

From the east of the Arabian Peninsula to Israel?

That, along with United States (U.S.) and British naval and air strikes against Yemeni rebels, has forced ships to use an alternative route that runs through South Africa’s Cape of Good Hope around the continent and through the Mediterranean, making travel, and therefore much of global trade, more expensive and time-consuming.

In an attempt to circumvent these circumstances, Israel confirmed back in December that it was planning a land route stretching from the east of the Arabian Peninsula to Israel, as an alternative route that could potentially reduce the cost and length of time to transport goods.

Israel and the Arab states of the Persian Gulf initially did not confirm the reports, and some, such as the Jordanian government, denied the formation of such a land route.

However, Israel’s Channel 13 reported this week that the ships were headed for the Persian Gulf, from where they depart from Dubai in the UAE, pass through Saudi Arabia and Jordan and finally reach the Jordan Bridge in Israel.

These media allegations caused great anger in the Arab public, denouncing this alleged route – the “Path of Shame”.

What was announced by Channel 13

The operations are said to be between two companies – UAE-based Puretrans FZCO and Israel-based Trucknet, which transports goods by truck consisting of food, plastics, chemicals and electronic devices or components.

The process is said to be a pilot test before full use of the route, but a broadcast on Channel 13 confirms reports of an Israeli plan with the permission of those Arab states, despite the occupation war in Gaza and the war crime.

It comes after Israel’s Minister of Transport and Road Safety, Miri Regev, revealed last month that she was leading plans to develop the route, stating on the X that “overland freight transport will cut the time by 12 days and greatly reduce existing waiting times due to wire problems. We will do it and we will succeed”.

Glaciers could disappear by the End of the 21st Century
China, Egypt seeks to promote Belt and Road Initiative
Eight strong Earthquakes Hit Russia Within One Hour
Architect of Euro and Single Market Jacques Delors dies aged 98
Dino Beganovic Surprises with Podium Finish in Dramatic Formula 2 Sprint Race
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry1
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Spotify has exceeded 600 Million Active Users
Next Article Dodik: Without Resolving the Constitutional Court of BiH, there is no Agreement on any other EU Priority
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Konakovic and Doughty discussed Bilateral Relations between BiH and the United Kingdom
May 19, 2026
BiH among Nineteen Countries in Europol’s Action
May 19, 2026
Contract worth 74 Million BAM signed for the Procurement of new Technologies for Elections in BiH
May 19, 2026
President of the Federation of BiH spoke with the Chargé d’Affaires of the United States Embassy
May 19, 2026
Helez and Hunter discussed Military Cooperation Programs between BiH and Maryland
May 19, 2026
Kerim Alajbegovic Named Player of the Season in the Austrian Bundesliga
May 19, 2026
Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?