By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Lasica et al: The Witness claims that he found the War Diary of the accused
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Lasica et al: The Witness claims that he found the War Diary of the accused
POLITICSWORLD NEWS

Lasica et al: The Witness claims that he found the War Diary of the accused

Published November 10, 2022
Share
SHARE

At the trial for the crimes near Gorazde, on May 22nd, 1992, witnesses of the Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina(BiH) recalled the suffering of civilians in the village of Lozje.

Edin Culov told how in May 1992, at the persuasion of his father, he left his village of Lozje, also called Kokino Selo(village), and went to Kopaci.

“They didn’t shoot at us, but they shot at other parts of the town… My father told me: ‘You have to go with me. If you don’t want to, then die with your comrades,'” recalled Culov.

He said that on May 22nd, from Prseska kosa, he watched the attack on Lozje with binoculars, where they looted and burned houses. He stated that his brother and grandmother were wounded in the village, and that seven of his comrades were killed, whose bodies he saw massacred.

Misko, as the witness calls the first accused Branislav Lasica, was his neighbor with whom he grew up. Culov pointed out that Lasica was the commander and that when they returned to the area in mid-August 1992, he found his diary in the stream –thrown away. He said that he examined that diary, and then handed it over to the Military Police.

When asked by the Defense how he knew that Lasica was the commander and that it was his diary, the witness said that he did not remember exactly, but he thought that it had his name on it and that it was his handwriting.

Culov mentioned that, upon his return to Lozje, he found his belongings in the houses of some Serbian neighbors.

Branislav Lasica and Miroslav Milovic are accused of commanding and participating in the attack on Lozje, during which around 30 people were killed, as commanders of units of the Republika Srpska (RS) Army. It was stated that among the victims were mostly civilians – including women, children and the elderly – and that dozens of people were taken and detained, and that property was destroyed or appropriated.

Witness Haris Duhovic said that on May 22nd, strong detonations and gunfire were heard, and that he started running towards the Drina.

While running away, he saw that one woman was killed and several people were wounded, the witness confirmed. He managed to escape, and later found out that a grave had been found with the bodies of people who had been shot, Duhovicsaid. He told that his uncle Ibrahim Duhovic was never found.

The trial continues on November 15th, Detektor reports.

E.Dz.

Group of Bosnians safely arrived from the Czech Republic to Bosnia and Herzegovina

Exhumation Process completed in Srebrenica

Netanyahu: There will be no lasting Peace in Gaza without meeting Israel’s Demands

Former National Judo Team Member Elmedin Heco died in Traffic Accident

FB&H Prime Minister Nikšić Hosted the Austrian Ambassador Pammer

TAGGED:#BiH#bosnia#news#trial
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH FM comments Council of Ministers Decision on Reform Program for NATO
Next Article Zoran Tegeltija congratulated fugitive Milomir Savcic, accused of Genocide in Srebrenica
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Donald Trump announces 15 Percent Global Tariffs
February 21, 2026
CS MoI: There were around 6,000 Citizens at the Protests, everything went peacefully
February 21, 2026
62,970 tons of RDF/SRF Fuel were imported into Federation of BiH
February 21, 2026
Protests in Sarajevo: Citizens block Traffic in front of the National Museum
February 21, 2026
Man shoots at Sarajevo Police, wounded in Exchange of Gunfire
February 21, 2026
Indictment confirmed against Fourteen Persons over Fan Clash near TIA
February 21, 2026
“Bosnia and Herzegovina Will Neither Violate International Agreements nor Impose Reciprocal Tariffs on Serbia“
February 21, 2026
Citizens to Streets: Planned Protests in Sarajevo, Zenica and Tuzla
February 21, 2026
Vranj: If Institutions Did Their Job Properly, the Ministry of Security Would Be Aware of the Camps
February 21, 2026
OSCE Chairman-in-Office Cassis concludes Visit to BiH
February 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?