By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Macron asks the EU to ban Social Media for under-15s
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Macron asks the EU to ban Social Media for under-15s
WORLD NEWS

Macron asks the EU to ban Social Media for under-15s

Published: June 11, 2025
Share
©️Unsplash
SHARE

French President Emmanuel Macron said he would push for European Union legislation to ban children under 15 from social media after a deadly stabbing at a school in eastern France, the latest such violent attack to shock the country.

Macron said in an interview on Tuesday night that he hoped to see results in the next few months.

“If it doesn’t work, we will start doing it in France. We can’t wait,” he told public broadcaster France 2, hours after the deadly stabbing at a primary school in Nogent, in the Haute-Marne region.

Police were questioning a 14-year-old student on Tuesday over the stabbing of a 31-year-old school assistant during a search of his bag for weapons.

Prime Minister Francois Bayrou told parliament that the incident was not an isolated incident. Macron said social media was one of the factors to blame for youth violence.

Writing on social media platform X after the interview, Macron said experts supported the legislation.

“Platforms have the ability to verify your age. Do it,” he wrote.

Macron’s comments come amid a wave of measures in countries around the world aimed at restricting children’s use of social media.

Australia last year approved a ban on social media for under-16s after an emotional public debate, setting a benchmark for jurisdictions around the world, with some of the strictest regulations targeting big tech firms.

While most social media platforms do not allow children under 13 to use their platforms, a report by Australia’s online safety regulator found that children easily circumvent such restrictions, Reuters reported.

European Parliament to Debate Situation in BiH
Ursula von der Leyen: EU sent Rescue Teams to BiH
Sarajevo among the 10 best Cities for Walking in the World According to “Skyscanner”
The Pope spent a peaceful Night in a Rome Hospital and did not appear at the weekly Prayer
Turnout in the Elections in Russia exceeded 60 Percent
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article European Conference of Rabbis Meeting in Sarajevo Canceled
Next Article Prosecutor Serge Brammertz Addresses the United Nations Security Council
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Slovenian Journalists expose Network of Suspicious Transactions behind Viaduct Affair
May 20, 2026
Minister Amidzic after the Opening of the New Border Crossing: Political Victory of Republika Srpska
May 20, 2026
Preparations underway for the Signing of the Southern Interconnection Agreement in Washington
May 20, 2026
Why It Is Impossible to Change the BiH Constitutional Court without Changing the State Structure
May 20, 2026
Lucic: Croats Will Fight for Their Entity or Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia If Their Rights Aren’t Met
May 20, 2026
BiH opens New Border Crossing for all International Passenger and Goods Traffic
May 20, 2026
Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?