By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Miners from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina to protest in Sarajevo
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BUSINESS > Miners from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina to protest in Sarajevo
BUSINESS

Miners from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina to protest in Sarajevo

Published: July 31, 2023
Share
SHARE

The Federation of Independent Unions of Mine Workers of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina will not leave the miners of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine alone in their struggle for the right to pay, and tomorrow in Sarajevo in front of the building of the ruling company Public Company Elektroprivreda BiH will hold the announced protest, President of the USSR FBiH Sinan Husić said today in Zenica.

After today’s session of the Presidency of the USSRRFBiH in Zenica, he announced that tomorrow at the protests in Sarajevo, which will be organized from 11 am to 2 pm, there will be 500 workers from seven mines of the JP EPBiH Concern.

“We are not asking for anyone to receive us tomorrow. We are coming to express our huge dissatisfaction with everything that is happening… Tomorrow we want to say that we are united,” said Husić, reports Fena news agency.

As he said, they tried to direct them from some structures of the EPBiH to some other addresses, in order to solve the issue of salary payment for Zenica miners.

“But we say: Miners are always at the right address and the state, what are you waiting for?! If what we are going to do does not bear fruit tomorrow, the state must do what the state needs to do and end the suffering and suffering of 830 workers of RMU Zenica,” said Husić.

He underlined that the Zenica miners must receive their salary for June, as they received for the month of May according to the Agreement signed on July 3, after last month’s suspension of production in that mine.

He noted that they have already sent a letter to the address of the new FBiH Minister of Energy, Industry and Mining, Vedran Lakić, in which they request that “RMU Zenica must be the first issue to be dealt with.

“We need to carry out an analysis from beginning to end, see on the human resources plan what we have, what is possible, with incentive severance pay, retirement, what is possible to do on the mutual termination of the employment contract, what is possible to redirect from certain services to production processes… at the end of the day, we need to re-examine where those people are, who only on paper claim to be workers of RMU Zenica, because that’s what production and workers from the production process are telling us these days, there are such people. We put it on paper,” says Husić.

As he added, he has information that this morning the director of RMU Zenica was ordered by the relevant ministry “to do what we are talking about”.

Regarding the need to review the relationship between the mines of that concern and the governing society EPBiH, Husić expressed the hope that the new Government of the Federation of BiH and the future leadership of the EP BiH “will not be afraid of the determination of the Trade Union for those processes”.

As a reminder, due to the situation in the Zenica Brown Coal Mine, the board of directors of the Association of Independent Unions of Mine Workers of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina recently made a decision to organize a protest that will be held tomorrow, August 1, in front of the building of the Public Enterprise Elektroprivreda BiH in Sarajevo.

They point out that due to the unpaid salary for June and allowance for a hot meal for the month of May, the Zenica miners stopped production on Tuesday, July 25 in the second shift, when a group of 30 miners decided not to leave the “Raspotočje” pit where they spent two nights.

They stated earlier that according to the Agreement signed on July 3, the Zenica miners should have received a reduced salary by July 25, but that this did not happen.

They had a similar situation when they had agreed on almost the same conclusions with the City of Zenica for account unblocking and when they had the support of JP EPBiH, while this time they have no understanding from the current management of the governing company of the seven coal mines of the Federation of BiH.

Elektroprivreda Bosnia and Herzegovina previously said that the payment of wages is not their responsibility, but the responsibility of the director of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine.

Lumiwings has suspended all operations from the Tuzla International Airport
Installation of Fifteen Wind Turbines near Mostar started
Will Trnovo get its “Buroj Ozone“?
What was concluded at the Meeting of Ministers of Trade of BiH and Turkey?
Bellissima is Successful B&H Story That Started in 1997
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Where are Highways being built in BiH: They will reduce the Distance between Cities
Next Article Members of BiH Presidency met with the Minister of Tourism of Saudi Arabia
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?