By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Analysis: How much Surplus Weapons was destroyed?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Analysis: How much Surplus Weapons was destroyed?
OTHER NEWS

Analysis: How much Surplus Weapons was destroyed?

Published: June 14, 2016
Share
SHARE

weaponsMinister of Defense of BiH, Marina Pendes, said after the meeting of the Strategic Committee for Weapons, Ammunition and Explosive Ordnance that in our country was destroyed almost 900 tons of weapons considered as surplus, in the first five months of the year of 2016.

In order to analyze and improve activities directed towards addressing the issue of surplus weapons, ammunition and explosives (NMiMES) in BiH, the 12th session of the Strategic Committee for Weapons, Ammunition and Explosive Ordnance, hosted by the command of EUFOR in BiH, was held yesterday at the headquarters of Armed Forces of BiH in Sarajevo.

Pendes said that the Strategic Committee is an important format in which are discussed important issues of security of BiH. She thanked the representatives of the OSCE, UNDP, NATO, EUFOR, Embassy of the United States, Switzerland, Sweden and Austria for all the support that they gave to BiH by supporting two projects EXPLODE and SECAP.

“I think that 6 million EUR that were invested in education, training and software in the last 3 years, as well as in the construction of infrastructure at perspective locations of the Armed Forces of BiH, where perspective weapons and ammunition is stored, is very important for the security of our country,” said Pendes.

She emphasized that she believes that this project should be continued, recalling that EXPLODE project ends on the 31st of August this year, EXPLODE 1 continues until the end of the year, and SECAP lasts for several more months.

“I think that we achieved a lot through the training of the Armed Forces that will take care of the life cycle of ammunition and explosives in the future,” said Pendes.

She warned that the problem with the ammunition filled with white phosphorous remains, which in the future must be completely destroyed, and in that context she added that it is necessary to strengthen the cooperation with companies of military industry.

“In the first five months, compared to the last year where we destroyed 600 tons, we already came to the figure of 900 tons at the 31st of May,” said Pendes.

In the end, she expressed the hope that BiH will continue with this intensity of work on the destruction of surplus weapons and ammunition in our country.

(Source: Er. M./Klix.ba)

Bijeljina:10.5 Tons of Dead Livestock Collected, Epidemiological Situation Risky
On January 1st, 1885, the first Tram passed through Sarajevo
Hague Prosecution requests Life Sentence for Ratko Mladić
Lawyer Feraget: Davor Dragicevic is Alive and Healhty
The National Monument: Bistrik Railway Station in Sarajevo
TAGGED:#analysis#comitee#explode#ministry#problem#weapons
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Our MMA Fighter Roberto Soldic fights in Russia before Vladimir Putin
Next Article Izetbegovic and Reis Kavazovic Hosts of the Iftar in the City Hall
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH National Basketball Team win in warm-up Match against Poland
August 21, 2026
Gradiska Border Crossing: Open temporarily – indefinitely
August 21, 2026
24th CineLink Industry Days Awards held
August 21, 2026
Şerban: The Drama Has to Be Unaware of You, And You Need to Forget You Are in the Seat
August 20, 2026
Big Transfer: Ermedin Demirovic goes to Galatasaray for 20 Million Euros
August 20, 2026
Solomun returns to the Eternal Fire: Sarajevo ready for the great Music Spectacle
August 20, 2026
“Under Scrutiny” warns of the uneven Practice of Sanctioning the Abuse of Children for Political Purposes
August 20, 2026
Docu Press Corner: Personal Stories Between Reality and Memory
August 20, 2026
Lejla Njemcevic once again among the Top Ten Female Cyclists in the World
August 20, 2026
Wage Salaries in Bosnia and Herzegovina Quickly Wiped Out by Rising Prices
August 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?