By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Physical Attacks and Death Threats against Journalists in BiH
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > Uncategorized > Physical Attacks and Death Threats against Journalists in BiH
Uncategorized

Physical Attacks and Death Threats against Journalists in BiH

Published: January 12, 2023
Share
SHARE

Last year, the helpline for journalists reported a total of 79 cases of attacks on journalists in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

According to the information provided to FENA by the General Secretary of the Association of BH Journalists, Borka Rudić, this includes one physical attack and seven death threats. There were 12 cases of verbal threats, 11 cases of political pressure, 12 cases of incitement/hate speech, five cases of damage to property or cyber attacks.

According to her, political pressure and attacks on journalists and independent media increased by 40 percent in 2022 compared to 2021. Also, verbal threats, death threats and hate speech increased by 137 percent.

“In addition to all the mentioned direct pressures on media freedom and security threats to journalists, we are faced with increasingly frequent requests from individuals to delete journalistic texts, created on the basis of official information from investigative or other public authorities,” Rudić told FENA.

According to her, these requests come from persons who were included in various investigations by competent judicial authorities or security agencies under suspicion of having committed certain criminal acts. Although the requests have no legal basis, individuals and their lawyers use them to put pressure on the media or try to “wash” the face of their client in front of BiH the public.

“Since these demands represent an unfounded attempt to limit the right to freedom of expression, BH journalists have prepared a special analysis with clear messages that no media should succumb to attempts at censorship, nor remove their texts from the portal or from the media archive without valid court decisions regarding specific media contents. The analysis will be published soon on the website of BH journalists,” says Rudić.

How did BiH diplomacy fail?
Final Verdict in Case of Ratko Mladic to be handed down in June
Members of the Mountain Rescue Service found Body of Missing Police Officer
Members of BiH Presidency met with the President of Azerbaijan
To ensure better Protection to Victims of Human Trafficking in BiH
TAGGED:#bosnia#death#journalist#news#threats
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Authorities failed to prioritize Human Rights Protections in BiH
Next Article How much are Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina happy?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Lana Daher Awarded the Katrin Cartlidge Foundation Award
August 19, 2026
Worker dies in Mostar Aluminij Complex
August 19, 2026
Asghar Farhadi to Receive the Honorary Heart of Sarajevo Tonight
August 19, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets with Management of Srebrenica Memorial Center
August 19, 2026
The HJPC strongly warned Politicians and the Media
August 19, 2026
Atabaki: I Was Making a Film About Women Quietly Changing the Rules of Their Own Community
August 19, 2026
Turkish Actor Halit Ergenc arrives at the Sarajevo Film Festival
August 19, 2026
Emily Watson: Sarajevo Reminds Me Why We Make Films in the First Place
August 19, 2026
Major Police Action underway in the Central Bosnia Canton
August 19, 2026
Temporary Decision for the Border Crossing in Gradiska expires
August 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?