By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Qatar withdraws from Mediation to end Gaza War
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Qatar withdraws from Mediation to end Gaza War
WORLD NEWS

Qatar withdraws from Mediation to end Gaza War

Published: November 9, 2024
Share
©️ Britannica
SHARE

Qatar is withdrawing from mediation between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement after months of failed efforts to end the war in the Gaza Strip, a diplomatic source said on Monday, speaking on condition of anonymity, Reuters and AFP reported.

He said Hamas’s political office in Doha “no longer has a reason to exist,” without specifying whether the office would be closed.

“The Qataris have informed the Israelis and Hamas that as long as both sides refuse to negotiate a deal in good faith, Qatar cannot continue its role as mediator,” the source said.

As a result, Hamas’ political office (in Doha) no longer has a reason to exist, he added.

A Hamas official, however, told AFP that the Palestinian movement had not received “any request to leave Qatar.”

“We have nothing to confirm or deny from what the unidentified diplomatic source said and we have not received any request to leave Qatar,” a Hamas official in Doha said.

With the United States and Egypt, Qatar has been mediating between the two warring parties since a week-long ceasefire in the conflict in November 2023 that allowed for the release of Gaza hostages in exchange for Palestinians imprisoned in Israel.

Since then, there have been many meetings of negotiations without any results.

Hamas and Israel have accused each other of blocking any agreement, with each side rejecting the other’s terms for a ceasefire in the war that began with a Hamas attack on Israel on October 7, 2023.

According to a diplomatic source, Qatar has already “informed both sides – Israel and Hamas, as well as the US administration” of its decision.

“The Qataris have indicated to the US administration that they would be ready to re-engage in mediation when both sides (…) show a sincere desire to return to the negotiating table,” he said.

The gas-rich emirate of Qatar, an ally of the United States, has hosted a Hamas political office for more than a decade, and Qatar is also home to the Palestinian movement’s former leader, Ismail Haniyeh, who was killed on July 31 in an attack in Tehran attributed to Israel.

The Hamas office in Qatar was “opened in 2012 in coordination with the US government at its request to have a channel of communication” with the movement, a Qatari official explained at the start of the war.

The office was “used for coordinated mediation with several US administrations to stabilize the situation in Gaza and Israel,” he added.

Komsic: Trust in the West has never been lower because they tolerate the same Ideas that committed Genocide
UAE Ambassador received an Order from Vucic for not voting for the Genocide Resolution
Gas Prices in Europe increase by more than 100 Percent over the Strait of Hormuz Closure
International Court of Justice ordered Israel to prevent Genocide in Gaza
The Tate Brothers returned to Romania, stating that “innocent People do not run away”
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article At least 24 killed in Terrorist Attack on Pakistan Train Station
Next Article Iran warned on the Danger of the War spreading outside the Middle East
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?