By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Elementary School in BiH bans Children and Staff from bringing mobile Phones
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > The Elementary School in BiH bans Children and Staff from bringing mobile Phones
POLITICS

The Elementary School in BiH bans Children and Staff from bringing mobile Phones

Published: August 31, 2023
Share
SHARE

Elementary school “Bila” in Vitez was the first in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) to ban mobile phones and other electronic devices during the stay of children and teachers at school with the aim of greater socialization of children, but also to prevent juvenile delinquency that often appears on social networks.

This is not the first year that this decision has been implemented in this school. For the first time, it was taken in 2019, on the initiative of students and parents, the teachers’ council and the school’s school board, and it gave good results.

All of this is the result of an analysis because they wanted to prevent the disruption of the teaching process, the alienation of children from each other because, as they say, mobile phones have become a teaching nuisance, but also a nuisance for friendly relations.

The director of Elementary School “Bila” Vinko Bosnjak said that the decision to ban the bringing of mobile phones, computers and other electronic devices was violated by several students last year when the confiscation of phones caused controversy and discussions.

“We were also prompted by peer violence. Mobile phones are used to record fights, arguments, recording teachers’ arguments, and everything is transmitted among different people. This initiative was also started by the student council because the children saw that mobile phones are being used improperly and a meeting was scheduled on their initiative,” director Bosnjakexplained.

He explained that they are against bans in schools, but that everything that disrupts the teaching process, children’s socializing, the school environment, prompted them to make that decision.

“We have informed both parents and students that the school’s telephone numbers will always be available for all information, throughout the school’s working hours, that is, from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and by this, we mean the numbers of the school secretary, counselor, and psychologist. It is important to note that all teachers, during classes, will not be available on their mobile phones, as an example to all students,” said the interlocutor.

Besides the school in Vitez, some other schools made this decision on their own initiative, Klix.ba reports.

E.Dz.

Law Sanctioning Genocide Denial to enter into Force after Eight Days
Intensify Cooperation Between BiH and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Members of Bosnia-Herzegovina’s Presidency met with Ambassadors of the Quint Countries
The President of the European Commission arrived in Sarajevo
Chairman of BiH Presidency in Australia: Distance should not be an Obstacle to the Development of Relations
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Indictment brought against 15 Persons in the “Bosnalijek” Case
Next Article Croatian President after the Judgement: It’s good that they don’t start a civil War
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

More than 30 Council of Europe Parliamentarians arrive in Sarajevo
May 17, 2026
The Museum of Literature and Theater Arts of BiH implements a Digital Library Project
May 17, 2026
New Law Makes Stay of Workers from BiH in Croatia Easier
May 17, 2026
34 Years Ago, Defenders of Sarajevo Thwarted Aggressors’ Hellish Plan
May 17, 2026
Academic Freedoms at Universities in BiH increasingly threatened by Political Pressures
May 17, 2026
BiH and Moldova Move Toward First-Ever Scheduled Air Links
May 17, 2026
SOC: LGBTI Persons in BiH still without full Protection
May 17, 2026
Three Gold and One Silver Medal for Young BiH Athletes
May 17, 2026
Schmidt Signals Possible Breakthrough on State Property Issue in BiH
May 17, 2026
Bulgaria is the Winner of the 70th Edition of Eurovision Song Contest
May 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?