By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Kremlin rejects the EU’s request for an international Investigation into the Death of Navalny
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The Kremlin rejects the EU’s request for an international Investigation into the Death of Navalny
WORLD NEWS

The Kremlin rejects the EU’s request for an international Investigation into the Death of Navalny

Published: February 20, 2024
Share
SHARE

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov today rejected the request of high-ranking European Union (EU) diplomat Josep Borrell for an international investigation into the death of Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny.

Peskov emphasized that Russia generally considers the language of the request unacceptable, and even more so that it comes from Borell.

After a meeting of EU foreign ministers on Monday, Borrell said Russia “must allow an independent and transparent international investigation” into the circumstances of Navalny’s “sudden death”.

Regarding the address of Alexei Navalny’s wife Yulia, published on social networks, Peskov said that her accusations were “baseless and unfounded.”

“We leave this without comment. Of course, these are absolutely baseless, outrageous allegations… But considering that she was widowed literally a few days ago, I leave it without comment,” he said.

The Russian Correctional Service announced on Friday that Navalny died in the prison colony where he was serving his sentence.

The service stated that Navalny lost consciousness after walking in the arctic Yamalo-Nenet Autonomous District, where the colony is located.

Russian authorities have carried out several inspections to establish the facts surrounding his death.

Navalny was arrested in January 2021 after being hospitalized in Germany, where he was treated for poisoning. Western countries and Navalny himself have blamed Russia for the poisoning, which the Kremlin denies.

He was sentenced to 19 years in prison on charges of extremism and other crimes. He had already served 11.5 years on fraud charges.

In addition, Peskov said he had no information about reports claiming that former Russian pilot Maxim Kuzminov, who hijacked a Mi-8 military helicopter last year and gave it to Ukraine, was shot dead in Spain.

“That issue is not on our agenda. We don’t have any information about it. I don’t know if there was a report through diplomatic channels,” he said.

The Official Position of the Government of Canada on the Celebration of January 9th
Religious Leaders in BiH together against Violence against Women
Trump to Hold Talks with Putin Tomorrow on Ending War in Ukraine
The Italian Prime Minister arrived in Belgrade, and the Hosts welcomed Her with Hungarian Flags
Former Israeli Intelligence Officer Reveals How Many Iranian Missiles Were Actually Intercepted By Iron Dome
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead1
Wink1
Previous Article Bosnia and Herzegovina lags behind in digital Development
Next Article The Engagement of FRONTEX would be extremely Important for BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

COS EUFOR welcomes Romanian Reserves Troops deployed for Quick Response 2026
August 23, 2026
Tuka wins the 400-meter Race in Italy
August 23, 2026
Ada Avdagic wins first Medal for BiH in Taekwondo at the Mediterranean Games
August 23, 2026
Exhibition “Scents of Bascarsija” Opens at Sarajevo’s Svrzo House
August 23, 2026
August 23, 2026
August 23, 2026
The Well near Stolac, Over 2,000 Years Old, Never Dries Up
August 23, 2026
European Investigators Inspect Abuse of Irretrievable Funds for Bosnia and Herzegovina
August 23, 2026
BHRT To Seek Review of Sarajevo Court Judgment Ordering It to Pay RTRS 17 Million BAM
August 22, 2026
Ship built in 1913 emerged from the dried-up Sava River
August 22, 2026
Solomun Turned Sarajevo’s Eternal Flame Into a Giant Dance Floor
August 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?