The 79th anniversary of the liberation of this city from fascism in the Second World War was marked by the laying of wreaths and the lighting of candles at the Partisan Memorial Cemetery in Mostar on Saturday organized by the Association of Anti-Fascists and Fighters of NOR (UABNOR) Mostar.
The police banned the commemorative march of anti-fascists to the Partisan Memorial Cemetery, and the president of the Association of Anti-Fascists and NOR Fighters (SABNOR) BiH Sead Đulić announced the initiation of legal proceedings against the people responsible.
“If in my city, after so many years, I can’t freely walk with my friends to the cemetery and lay flowers, that’s fascism. The police say that they did not prohibit but suggested. If it’s a suggestion, then we’ll talk, but if it’s an ultimatum, it’s a ban. We have already agreed on Monday with a serious legal team to initiate legal proceedings against the responsible people in the police, the Ministry of the Interior, the City, the Cantonal Government, but also in the Prosecutor’s Office, which does nothing to sanction such things,” said Đulić.
He pointed out that in four days it will be 20 months since the “terrorist act committed on the national monument of this country, the Partisan Memorial Cemetery in Mostar”.
“The police and the Prosecutor’s Office are still investigating, as they are also investigating the first bombing on March 9, 1992. Either they are incompetent or politics ordered it, and both are subject to sanctions and removal from those positions. I say publicly again, we are going to have a legal confrontation with them and to remove them from their professional and political positions because they inherit the traditions defeated in 1945. When I say this, I do not think at any moment that there were no bad things in that liberation movement, that individuals did not do ugly things, but we cannot see the forest from the trees. In 1945, along with all the occupations, freedom came to this city. Whoever forbids the celebration of freedom has no place in freedom,” Đulić pointed out.
He added that in Mostar today there are a large number of anti-fascists from almost the entire former state.
“Their reaction to the ban on walking is outrage, but that is the image that is being sent to the world from Mostar. Most of these people came for this occasion, they are guests of this city, they are, after all, tourists of Mostar. We pretend and say that we are a tourist town, we want this, we want that, and we forbid tourists to move around the city freely. These are messages of hatred and fascism in a new guise, that’s how they perceive them, and that’s why many of them persistently come to spread the story of this evil we live in, and also to support us who speak about it,” said Đulić.
Also, from UABNOR Mostar, they previously stated that they do not accept the explanation of the ban on the walk “for security reasons, and because of the Zrinjski – Slavija football match” because at the same time the Mostar majorettes, Croatian Music Mostar and children from kindergartens are allowed to walk, Fena news agency writes.