By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Thousands in Novi Sad Mark Anniversary of Canopy Collapse with 16 Minutes of Silence for Victims
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Thousands in Novi Sad Mark Anniversary of Canopy Collapse with 16 Minutes of Silence for Victims
WORLD NEWS

Thousands in Novi Sad Mark Anniversary of Canopy Collapse with 16 Minutes of Silence for Victims

Published November 1, 2025
Share
SHARE

In Novi Sad, the anniversary of the tragedy at the railway station was marked, when 16 people died in the fall of the canopy, while one person was seriously injured. Thousands of demonstrators laid flowers and lit candles to honor the victims.

Tens of thousands of people marched in silence from 16 symbolic locations in the city to the Railway Station building, where they paid their respects to the victims.

At the head of the procession that filled the central city boulevard, the participants of the meeting carried a black flag with the names of those who died, whose names were read before the 16-minute silence began at 11:52, when the canopy of the Railway Station in Novo, Sad fell.

The official part of the commemoration ended tonight at 7:52 p.m., when a 16-minute silence was held to honor the dead.

“Novi Sad remembers with pain and silence,” one of the march participants told reporters.

Mother of man killed in canopy collapse announces hunger strike

Dijana Hrka, mother of Stefan Hrka, who died in the collapse of a concrete canopy, announced today that she is starting a hunger strike.

“I am embarking on this fight alone, by going on a hunger strike. I need to know who killed my child and who killed 16 people. I will go on a hunger strike in front of the City Hall, across from ‘Ćacilende’ in Belgrade,” Hrka said in a speech at a commemorative rally in Novi Sad, adding:

“I am fighting so that none of us will ever cry again. I will only tell Aleksandar Vučić to call elections.”

Serbian citizens in the diaspora are holding commemorative rallies around the world, which began in more than 60 cities at 11:52 a.m. local time.

A large number of citizens and students from all parts of Serbia have been walking to Novi Sad for days to mark the anniversary of the tragedy. Columns of cars are still arriving in Novi Sad from all directions today.

At the same time, the Serbian state leadership, led by President Aleksandar Vučić, attended the memorial service for the victims of the tragedy at 11 a.m. today, which was served at the Temple of Saint Sava in Belgrade by the head of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Porfirije.

Let us recall that several thousand citizens in Novi Sad late last night, with 16 minutes of silence, remembered the 16 victims who died on November 1 last year in the collapse of a canopy. Citizens and students laid 16 wreaths, one for each victim killed in the tragedy, BHRT writes.

Musk Attacks Trump’s X Tax Bill, Calling It ‘Crazy’

Trump: “An Agreement with Iran is possible by Monday”

Students In Serbia Announced New Protest: ‘On Monday Everything Stops’

BH Citizens are Increasingly buying Real Estate in Turkey

Once upon a Time, there was a JAT: The Rise and Fall of the Symbol of Yugoslavia

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article EUFOR strengthens Military Cooperation in Tuzla
Next Article NATO On The Extension Of EUFOR’s Mandate In BiH: Cooperation With The EU Is Key To Stability And Security
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Debevec and Others – Trial again behind closed Doors
April 28, 2026
Education Union of Montenegro Ends Cooperation with “Vilina Vlas”
April 28, 2026
Increase of Prices of Products, Inflation in Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 28, 2026
Arkab and Konakovic Discuss Strengthening Algeria–Bosnia Energy Partnership
April 27, 2026
Turkish Airlines reduces Operations across Balkans
April 27, 2026
Performance Breakdown: Defense Industry Firms in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 27, 2026
Another failed HoP Session: Harsh Accusations of Political Blockade and Violation of the Rules of Procedure
April 27, 2026
Rich Program Celebrates 130th Anniversary of Sarajevo City Hall
April 27, 2026
Algeria and Bosnia Seek Stronger Partnership, Build on Shared Historical Ties
April 27, 2026
Key Prerequisites for the Adoption of the Institutional Budget have been created
April 27, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?