By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Trump claims to have agreed a Trade Deal with Indonesia
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Trump claims to have agreed a Trade Deal with Indonesia
WORLD NEWS

Trump claims to have agreed a Trade Deal with Indonesia

Published: July 15, 2025
Share
SHARE

US President Donald Trump announced a trade deal with Indonesia on Tuesday, the latest in a series of efforts to improve terms with trading partners and reduce the US’s huge trade deficit.

“A great deal, for everyone, has just been agreed upon with Indonesia. I have spoken directly with their esteemed President. Details are coming!” Trump wrote in a post on his social media account.

Indonesia’s total trade with the US in 2024 was about $40 billion. While not even in the top 15, it is growing. US exports to Indonesia grew by 3.7 percent last year, while imports increased by 4.8 percent, leaving the US with a trade deficit of nearly $18 billion.

The main imports from Indonesia last year, according to the US Census Bureau, were palm oil, electronic equipment including data routers and switches, footwear, car tires, natural rubber and frozen shrimp.

A senior official at Indonesia’s economic affairs ministry told Reuters: “We are preparing a joint statement from the United States and Indonesia that will explain the size of the reciprocal tariffs for Indonesia, including the tariff agreement and the commercial arrangements. We will inform the public soon.”

In a letter to the president, Trump threatened the Southeast Asian country with a 32 percent tariff that would take effect on August 1. Trump has sent similar letters to about two dozen trading partners this month, including Canada, Japan and Brazil, setting single tariffs of 20 to 50 percent, as well as 50 percent on copper.

The August 1 deadline gives the countries time to negotiate agreements that could reduce the tariffs.

Lagumdzija opened the Commemoration on the Occasion of the Anniversary of the Genocide in Srebrenica in New York
Mural of the War Criminal Ratko Mladic painted over in Belgrade
Ecuador’s Military has seized a record 22 Tons of Cocaine
Largest Youth Conference in the Western Balkans starts in Sarajevo
Hamas accuses Netanyahu of Trying to starve Hostages
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Japanese Airport Marks 30 Years Without a Single Lost Suitcase
Next Article NATO Chief says Brazil, China and India could be hit by Sanctions
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Livno Mayor received the Ambassador of the Netherlands to BiH
May 21, 2026
Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?