By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: U.S. Vice President Cancels Visit to Israel Amid Gaza Crisis
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > U.S. Vice President Cancels Visit to Israel Amid Gaza Crisis
WORLD NEWS

U.S. Vice President Cancels Visit to Israel Amid Gaza Crisis

Published: May 20, 2025
Share
SHARE

US Vice President JD Vance has canceled a planned visit to Israel over concerns that his presence could be seen as supporting expanded Israeli military operations in Gaza.

Vance canceled a planned stop in Israel after a visit to Rome because he was concerned that his visit could imply Washington’s support for Israel’s decision to escalate the conflict at a time when the US is advocating a ceasefire, a senior US official told Axios.

The Trump administration had previously informed Israeli officials on Saturday of Vance’s possible visit after attending the inauguration of Pope Leo XIV, according to sources in Israel.

While a White House official later said the visit was canceled due to “logistical constraints,” another US official told Axios that logistics were not the real reason. Officials feared the visit could be seen as an endorsement of an increased Israeli offensive, both in Israel and in neighboring countries.

Similarly, US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth also canceled a planned visit to Israel last Monday, and the administration said he would instead join President Donald Trump on a trip to the Middle East.

The diplomatic changes come as Israel launched “Operation Gideon’s Chariot” on Sunday, a major ground offensive across Gaza using regular and reserve forces.

Since March 2, Israel has blocked humanitarian aid to Gaza, further exacerbating an already dire crisis. The military campaign has killed more than 53,000 Palestinians since October 2023.

Israel faces genocide charges before the International Court of Justice, while the International Criminal Court has issued arrest warrants for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Gallant for war crimes in Gaza.

Commemorations in Podgorica and Bijelo Polje on the Anniversary of the Crime in Strpci
30th Anniversary of Burning of the City Hall was marked in Sarajevo
The European Commission made a recommendation for the start of accession Negotiations with BiH
France Battles Largest Fire in Nearly 80 Years
“The Mosque On The Cliff” Is Located On The Route Of Nature Lovers And Hikers
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Niksic and Franges Discuss Paths to Resolve Ongoing Political Crisis
Next Article Sarajevo Airport Reports Growth Across All Metrics, Plans Further Modernization
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?