By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Will the Balkan Migrant Route be active again?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Will the Balkan Migrant Route be active again?
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Will the Balkan Migrant Route be active again?

Published November 22, 2021
Share
SHARE

Polish soldiers and border police are trying, by all means, to prevent migrants from entering the European Union (EU). We are looking at the crisis we have witnessed in the Balkans since 2015. The question is, can these images become a real scenario in the Balkans again?

It would be fair to say that the Balkan route has never ceased to be active, even though this route so far has significantly fewer migrants who arrive in the countries of the region.

“Migrants on this route come from the EU, mainly from Greece, partly from Bulgaria, and move towards the EU, so the EU must provide a more comprehensive answer to all questions related to mass illegal migration,” stated Selmo Cikotic, Minister of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).

“It is necessary for us, along with the countries of the Western Balkans, to unite our forces together with your help and to fightagainst illegal migration,” said Ales Hoys, Slovenia’s interior minister.

Every country in the Balkans is struggling with migration in its own way. According to the Hungarian minister, the fight could go on for a long time.

“We are told that there are 30-35 thousand people leaving Afghanistan every day. And they will not stay in that region. If that massive flow comes from Afghanistan, we will be under pressure that will be much greater than anything seen so far, including 2015, “ emphasized Peter Szijjarto, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Hungary.

“That is why, of course, Croatia will invest our security services to the maximum, it will make every effort to ensure that no one can enter. Unfortunately, there will be violations in all ways, in police action as it always happens, but I think that Croatia is now on alert as much as possible,“ explained Branimir Vidmarovic, a foreign policy analyst from Croatia.

Serbia has 19 migrant centers, several of which are completely empty and can become operational for users within 48 to 72 hours. In North Macedonia, two transit centers with Serbia and Greece record a minimum number of migrants.

“In my opinion, the scenario from 2015 and 2016 could not be repeated, but I think that the migration flow will continue to be a bit capillary, and that is something to which the Republic of Serbia is ready to respond to at any moment,” said Nikola Popov from the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration of the Republic of Serbia.

“The reality of opening the Balkan route seems impossiblebecause there have been many such announcements since 2017,” noted Mersiha Smajlovic from a humanitarian organization from North Macedonia.

As we observe the situation on the Belarusian-Polish border and hope that the Balkan route will not be activated again, we have to recall that the city of Bihac has been suffering the greatest burden of the migrant crisis for years, as well as the entire Una-Sana Canton. There are three migrant camps in this canton, while there are two more in CS.

 

E.Dz.

Source: BHRT

 

 

Migrants captured looking for New Routes to the Balkans?

BH Armed Forces Receives Certificate on Full Training Capability

Islamic Community in BiH distributed Packages to Returnees worth 100,000 BAM

Indictment filed against Anis Kalajdzic for Femicide

President of the Consultative Council of European Judges Duro Sessa visits Court of BiH

TAGGED:#Balkan#BiH#migrants#route
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Commissioner Oliver Varhelyi in an official Visit in BiH
Next Article OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina releases ‘Maglaj – War and Peace’ documentary
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

How much Progress has BiH made in fulfilling the Moneyval Conditions?
May 6, 2026
Bosnia And Herzegovina Third In The Region By Monetary Gold Reserves
May 6, 2026
UDIK – We remember the War Crimes in Doboj
May 6, 2026
‘First Balkan Shield – Industrial Expo & Summit 2026’ To take Place in Sarajevo
May 6, 2026
Magazinovic to Soreca: Stop the Humiliation and Harassment of Citizens at EU Borders
May 6, 2026
Photo Exhibition by Milomir Kovacevic Strasni opens in Sarajevo
May 6, 2026
Josip Broz Tito died on this Day 46 Years ago
May 5, 2026
Femicide: Where is the Line between Information, Responsibility and Victimization?
May 5, 2026
UN Debates BiH as Republika Srpska Government Levels Serious Radicalism Accusations in Report
May 5, 2026
COM EUFOR meets Prime Minister of the Federation of BiH
May 5, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?