By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: A Doctor from Brcko who hid the Bones of Genocide Victims continues to work with Patients
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > A Doctor from Brcko who hid the Bones of Genocide Victims continues to work with Patients
POLITICS

A Doctor from Brcko who hid the Bones of Genocide Victims continues to work with Patients

Published February 2, 2024
Share
SHARE

Doctor Nebojsa Mraovic continues to work at a clinic in Brcko, even after it was determined that he had hidden the remains of genocide victims in the yard of his house.

Following exhumation and DNA analysis, the Institute for Missing Persons of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) confirmed on January 30th that incomplete remains of two individuals were found, cemented in a fountain in the yard of a private house in Brcko. These remains were confirmed to belong to two victims of the Srebrenica genocide in 1995.

Mraovic had previously stated that he saw nothing wrong with the entire case, mentioning that the bones were used for “surgical planning.”

“I’ve used them in the hospital, I’ve used them to plan surgeries, they’ve been useful to hundreds of people,” he said in September, without explaining how he used them.

What is known about the victims?

The Institute for Missing Persons of BiH stated that parts of the victims’ remains “had already been identified and buried in Potocari, and the families will be informed.”

Chief Prosecutor of Brcko District Zekerijah Mujkanovic says that this is the first case of finding the remains of victims of genocide in that area.

He notes that the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH has not informed them about this case.

“The discovery of the remains and bringing them into the house, especially considering it involves a doctor, is incomprehensible, especially since doctors are obligated to report any suspicion of a criminal offense, even if a patient comes to them with injuries under suspicious circumstances. The proper course of action would have been for Mraovic to call the police because failing to report a criminal offense or knowledge of its commission is punishable,” says Mujkanovic, Slobodna Evropa reports.

E.Dz.

NATO Summer School gathers Students from BiH, EU and the USA 

High Representative Valentin Inzko will address the UN Security Council

What is written in the Document in which the War Criminal Stojan Zupljanin requests a Pardon?

Sorensen: City Hall is Something that Sarajevo Can be Proud of

Prime Minister Zvizdic sent a Telegram of Support to his Albanian Counterpart

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Israeli Newspaper: Our Soldiers were ordered to burn Houses and everything else in Gaza
Next Article Wounded, Hungry, and Alone – the Children of Gaza who have lost their Parents
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Arkab and Konakovic Discuss Strengthening Algeria–Bosnia Energy Partnership
April 27, 2026
Turkish Airlines reduces Operations across Balkans
April 27, 2026
Performance Breakdown: Defense Industry Firms in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 27, 2026
Another failed HoP Session: Harsh Accusations of Political Blockade and Violation of the Rules of Procedure
April 27, 2026
Rich Program Celebrates 130th Anniversary of Sarajevo City Hall
April 27, 2026
Algeria and Bosnia Seek Stronger Partnership, Build on Shared Historical Ties
April 27, 2026
Key Prerequisites for the Adoption of the Institutional Budget have been created
April 27, 2026
Berset: Council of Europe Membership Requires Respect for European Court of Human Rights Rulings
April 27, 2026
BiH Foreign Minister meets with his Algerian Counterpart in Algiers
April 27, 2026
FM announces a Protest Note to Croatia over the “scandalous rally in Zagreb”
April 27, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?