By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: After Ten Months, the IDF admitted that it had killed Three Prisoners held by Hamas
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > After Ten Months, the IDF admitted that it had killed Three Prisoners held by Hamas
WORLD NEWS

After Ten Months, the IDF admitted that it had killed Three Prisoners held by Hamas

Published: September 16, 2024
Share
SHARE

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) released its investigation on Sunday, confirming that it mistakenly killed three Israeli prisoners along with the commander of Hamas’ northern Gaza brigade, Ahmed Ghandour, during an airstrike on November 10th of last year.

The investigation’s wording states that it is “highly likely” that the airstrike caused their deaths, although it says it cannot be 100% certain of the cause.

Nevertheless, the investigation indicates that the location where the bodies were found, their condition, the pathological findings, further reports from the National Forensic Institute, and the operational investigation of the battlefield situation all strongly pointed towards the IDF being responsible for the deaths by mistake.

Officials from the IDF informed the families of Sergeant Ron Sherman and Captain Nik Beizer, both aged 19, and civilian Elia Toledano, 28, that IDF fire was responsible for their deaths.

The trio was captured during the attack on October 7th and was extracted from a Hamas tunnel in Jabalia on December 14th.

In January, the IDF refuted Hamas’ claims that the three were killed in an Israeli airstrike, stating that a pathological report showed no signs of trauma or gunfire on their bodies, indicating they were not killed directly in the airstrike or other IDF actions.

Sherman’s mother, Dr. Maayan Sherman, a veterinarian, argued that the report’s results suggested he was killed by toxic gas allegedly used by the IDF in the tunnels, accusing the government of knowingly putting the hostages in danger.

“Not by Hamas, think more in the direction of Auschwitz and showers, but without Nazis and without Hamas. Not by accidental fire, not by friendly fire, but by premeditated murder: bombs with toxic gas,” she wrote in a Facebook post.

In November, the IDF carried out an airstrike near the location where the bodies were found. The IDF investigation at the time revealed that the army was unaware of hostages being held in that area, Klix.ba writes.

E.Dz.

Minister of Foreign Affairs of BiH says ‘Serbia is not a good Neighbor’
Victims of Human Traffickers from BiH forced to steal and beg in Paris
Putin: Conflict with the West over Geopolitics, not Ideology
Israel published a Video claiming that Hospitals in Gaza serve Military Purposes
Palestinians express Fear over Trump’s Return to the White House
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Croatian Seafarer sentenced to 30 Years in Prison in Turkey
Next Article In Ten Years, 2.5 Million People left the Western Balkans in Search of a Better Life
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Belgium launches Investigation into ‘Sniper Safaris’ during Bosnian War
May 22, 2026
Federal Ministry of Transport – More than 21 Million BAM for road Infrastructure
May 22, 2026
Deadline for Submission of Applications for Certification of Political Parties expires Today
May 22, 2026
Travnik demonstrates a high Level of Readiness with “Lasva 26” Demonstration Exercise
May 22, 2026
EUFOR Commander Engages Students in Dialogue on Security, Stability, and BiH’s Future
May 22, 2026
Euphoria in Sarajevo: “The Dragons” at the World Cup Spark a True Panini Sticker Frenzy
May 22, 2026
Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?