By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Branko Blanusa is SDS Candidate for President of RS
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Branko Blanusa is SDS Candidate for President of RS
POLITICS

Branko Blanusa is SDS Candidate for President of RS

Published: May 13, 2026
Share
©️SDS
SHARE

Branko Blanuša is the Serbian Democratic Party’s candidate for president of the Republika Srpska in the upcoming October general elections – it was confirmed unanimously today at the session of the Serbian Democratic Party’s Main Board.

SDS President Branko Blanuša said after the session that there was a “democratic and working atmosphere” in the party, assessing that the Main Board session had been held in a quality manner.

He emphasized that the SDS is continuing its activities to unite the opposition with the aim of a joint appearance in the general elections in October.

“It is extremely important that we continue the talks. The SDS will continue to be the pillar of gathering all opposition parties and forces that want change, that is, a change of government and victory in the general elections. Only together can we achieve this goal – said Blanuša.

He recalled that an agreement, symbolically called the “Victory Agreement”, was offered to other opposition parties, with the intention of gathering smaller political parties with similar political orientations around it.

Blanuša stated that there was no re-statement on the candidacies at the session of the Main Board, reminding that the party had previously taken a position on this.

“Everything that needed to be answered – I replied. We have decisions from the party bodies, we are continuing the talks and we want a joint appearance of the opposition,” said Blanuša.

As he stated, he distances himself on behalf of the SDS from certain information that appeared in the media before the press conference, emphasizing that they do not represent his official position and the position of the SDS bodies.

The President of the SDS Main Board Jovica Radulović confirmed that the Main Board confirmed the previously made decisions of the party regarding the candidates for the upcoming elections.

“The SDS Main Board supports the joint appearance of all opposition parties and, as a pillar of the opposition, calls for parliamentary unity and unity – said Radulović.

He stated that the agreement offered by the SDS president to the opposition parties was formally accepted and confirmed, expressing the expectation that a positive response from the rest of the opposition would follow after the session.

Minister Dzindic: Seven Requests of Miners are completely acceptable for the FBiH Government
Dodik plans to change the Name of the City of Srebrenica
Happy Independence Day of Bosnia and Herzegovina!
Dodik: Another attempt to agree on the European path of BiH
Video of Children shouting to Dodik “Thief, Thief” appeared
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH loses Hundreds of Millions BAM annually over Blockade of the Electricity Law
Next Article The International Economic Fair “Banja Luka Expo 2026” opens
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Livno Mayor received the Ambassador of the Netherlands to BiH
May 21, 2026
Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?