By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: China Declares: “There Are No Winners in the Trade War”
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > China Declares: “There Are No Winners in the Trade War”
WORLD NEWS

China Declares: “There Are No Winners in the Trade War”

Published February 2, 2025
Share
SHARE

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Ottawa would impose 25 per cent import tariffs on US goods in response to Washington’s actions.

“Tonight I am announcing that Canada will respond to the US trade action with 25 per cent tariffs on $155 billion worth of US goods. This will include current tariffs on $30 billion worth of goods, effective February 4,” Trudeau told reporters.

He noted that this would be followed by additional tariffs on $125 billion worth of US goods over a 21-day period to give Canadian companies time to find alternative partners.

Trudeau said Ottawa was considering a range of non-tariff countermeasures against the US, including on critical minerals and energy.

“As part of our response, we are considering with the provinces and territories a number of non-tariff measures, including some related to critical minerals, energy, procurement and other forms of partnerships,” Trudeau said.

He added that he had been trying to contact the US president since his inauguration on January 20 and that he hoped to speak with him soon.

US President Donald Trump signed executive orders imposing tariffs on goods from Canada, Mexico and China.

Tariffs of 25 percent are being imposed on all goods from Canada, except for energy products, which will be subject to a 10 percent rate.

The tariff on goods from Mexico will be 25 percent and from China 10 percent.

Trump’s decree includes the option of increasing it if any country introduces retaliatory measures against Washington.

Previously, the US president, explaining the introduction of the duties, noted that Canada is responsible for large amounts of drug trafficking to the United States.

He stated that drugs also entered the country through Mexico, and are also produced by China.

Chairman-in-Office Bujar Osmani presents North Macedonia’s 2023 Priorities

Cyprus assumes the Chair of the OSCE Forum for Security Co-operation

Mohamed Salah shares sweet Christmas Photo with Family as Liverpool star flooded with Comments

Dodik has filed Criminal Charges against High Representative Christian Schmidt

EU new initiative aims to improve occupational health

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Three Children killed in Building Collapse in Kosovo
Next Article Unusual Details of the Release of the Hostages from Gaza
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Historic Joint Lecture by NATO and EU Military Chiefs in Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 25, 2026
Shooting in BiH’s Capital – Two People wounded, Search for Attacker underway
April 25, 2026
€7.6 Billion EU Fund Available for Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 25, 2026
Zec: Sarajevo Houses are Metaphors of a Life that we must not forget
April 24, 2026
Kosarac: Documentation is being carefully prepared for Confrontation with Croatia in the Trgovska Gora Case
April 24, 2026
Stronger Together: EUFOR And AF BiH Demonstrate Joint Readiness Through ‘Combined Response 26’
April 24, 2026
FBiH Government secures 1.5 million BAM for co-financing Social Protection Projects
April 24, 2026
Non-working Days in BiH on the International Labor Day
April 24, 2026
Great News from Germany for BiH: Edin Dzeko starts Training
April 24, 2026
Minister Forto: Southern Interconnection strategically important
April 24, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?