By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Damage to Cemetery near Potocari reported to the Police
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Damage to Cemetery near Potocari reported to the Police
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Damage to Cemetery near Potocari reported to the Police

Published: May 27, 2025
Share
SHARE

After victims’ associations announced that the fence and belt around the Budak mass grave near Potočari had been devastated, the Srebrenica Police Station confirmed to Detektor that the case had been reported, and that the police had gone to the scene.

A statement from the Association of Victims and Witnesses of Genocide and the Association of the Movement of the Mothers of the Enclaves of Srebrenica and Žepa states that the fence and belt around the Budak mass grave had been destroyed, and that the site itself had been disturbed again.

“Even after 30 years, they are not giving the dead peace,” the statement reads.

Munira Subasic, president of the Association of the Movement of the Mothers of the Enclaves of Srebrenica and Žepa, tells Detektor that she received information that the destruction had occurred last night, after which the case was reported to the police today.

She explains that it was a secondary mass grave in which, among other things, she found one of her son’s bones, while she found another in Jadra.

“They don’t give peace to the dead either. Shame on them. When they told me, I cried for two hours. I feel sad, I’ve been asking myself the question for two or three hours: ‘Why, how, why?'” she says, adding that she thinks the goal is to insult and intimidate the returnees.

Subasic also confirmed that the case of damage to the Budak tomb was reported to the police.

The Srebrenica Police Station confirmed to Detektor that the police went to the scene.

“The report was made about an hour ago, and the police are still on the ground and working on documentation,” said the Srebrenica Police Station.

They also clarified that the case will be forwarded to the competent prosecutor’s office.

The victims’ association stated that they hope that the authorities will conduct an investigation. Subasic stated that families do not trust the work of the police and the court.

Detektor previously wrote that graves in BiH are mostly unmarked, and that the first request of the mothers of Srebrenica was to mark the Zeleni Jadar mass graves, as this is allowed by the Law on Missing Persons.

The request was submitted in April to the Municipality of Srebrenica for the construction of memorials at five locations of mass graves.

According to the “Database of Judicially Determined Facts on the War in BiH” in which Detektor analyzed the verdicts of the Hague Tribunal, the chambers determined, among other things, that the bodies of those killed in Kravica were buried in Glogova and Ravnice, at a location that was assessed as a primary grave.

The bodies from Glogova were then transferred to secondary graves in Zeleni Jadar, Blječeva, Budak and Zalazje, BIRN reports.

After Two Decades, the Largest Flower bloomed in Banja Luka
Indictment Confirmed: Tuzla Police Officers Accused of Trafficking and Selling Underage Girls
Sarajevo Airport: All flights according to the Schedule
Germany Allocated 1,1 Million Euros for Humanitarian Demining
Fog Caused Cancellation of Flights at Sarajevo International Airport
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Kristo: Vukanovic’s Appointment is a matter of legal, but also political Procedures
Next Article Trump Blasts Netanyahu, Warns Him Not to Interfere in U.S.-Iran Negotiations
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?