By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Delegates from BiH submitted an application to the European Court of Human Rights
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > Uncategorized > Delegates from BiH submitted an application to the European Court of Human Rights
Uncategorized

Delegates from BiH submitted an application to the European Court of Human Rights

Published: April 14, 2023
Share
SHARE

DF delegates Albin Zuhric, Sandra Imsirovic, and Senita Hanukic from the rank of ”Others” in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) House of Peoples and DF representative in the House of Representatives of the Parliamentary Assembly of BiH (PABiH) Zalatan Begic yesterday submitted an application to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) in Strasbourg, in which they complained that the Constitution of the FBiH does not allow Others to run for (vice) president of the FBiH.

Explaining why he decided to take such a step, Begic said that after the end of the General Elections in 2022, a group of Others delegates in the House of Peoples of the FBiH proposed him as (vice) president of the FBiH, but the Central Election Commission (CEC) rejected the candidacy because the Constitution of the FBiH does not allow Others to run for that position.

He emphasizes that he then appealed the CEC’s decision to the Court of BiH, but the Court of BiH rejected the appeal, referring to Schmidt’s decisions.

“After that, we sent two appeals to the Constitutional Court of BiH, which was obliged to carry out an urgent post-umbilical procedure in accordance with its rules, because electoral rights are in question. Therefore, the rules of the Constitutional Court state that when electoral rights are in question, an urgent procedure must be carried out. This is due to the shortness of the deadlines,” said Begic.

Furthermore, Begic explains that since the Constitutional Court did not react, he and those who nominated him for the (vice) president of the FBiH from among the Others, concluded that they no longer have an effective legal remedy in BiH.

“We are going to the European Court in Strasbourg to ask if this is in accordance with the European convention. I sent it today. 200 pages of evidence are attached to both applications,” said Begic yesterday, Klix.ba reports.

E.Dz.

The Statehood Day of BiH was marked by placing a Flag at the Bottom of the Una River
Over 300 Thousand Overnight Stays recorded in BiH
Nehammer: Austria will continue to play an active Role in the Discussion Process
Analysis: Over 412,000 Doses of Vaccines have arrived in BiH so far
Becirovic meets with the Delegation of the International Republican Institute
TAGGED:#bosnia#news
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Dodik and Vucic: The Dayton Peace Agreement is the Essence of the Functioning of BiH
Next Article BiH Minister of Defense met with the highest Military Officials of Maryland
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?