By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Bosnian Enver Beganovic walked to Mecca to perform the fifth Islamic Pillar
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Bosnian Enver Beganovic walked to Mecca to perform the fifth Islamic Pillar
WORLD NEWS

Bosnian Enver Beganovic walked to Mecca to perform the fifth Islamic Pillar

Published: January 4, 2023
Share
SHARE

Enver Beganovic from Cazin, with an address in Austria, set out on a 6.600-kilometer journey to Mecca, in order to perform the fifth Islamic pillar – Hajj. There would be nothing unusual in this journey if Beganovic had not started to walk there.

Break in Sarajevo

Step by step, he covered more than a thousand kilometers, and he set off on November 18th from Wels, Austria. He will take a break in Sarajevo for a few days. He says that he came up with this idea suddenly two years ago.

”I have been preparing intensively for the last half year. I carry two backpacks with me, one on my back, and the other I push in a stroller. There is first aid, adequate clothing, spare shoes, and a mobile phone charger. So far, I have only had a beautiful experience,” stated Beganovic.

Also, he emphasized that people recognize him, and approach him and say hello.

”They ask me if I need anything. I build extremely nice contacts everywhere I go. I passed through areas where the Orthodox population lives, as well as Catholic, Muslim, they all support me. Many of them also organize accommodation for me.”

His plan is to continue his journey from Sarajevo through Sandzak, Kosovo, North Macedonia, South Bulgaria, Turkey, bypass Syria, and then go to Iraq, and after that to Baghdad.

He plans to complete his journey at the end of June 2023. Although challenging terrain, forest roads, abandoned places, and metropolises await him, Beganovic says he is ready for anything.

The right path

”Physical strength is required, but I am guided by conviction, faith and the desire to return to the right path. The way of life that was imposed on me until now has taken me far from that path. I was born in Bosnia, my parents always taught me that I should believe in God, pray and be grateful,” noted Beganovic.

He told the citizens that faith in God must come first.

”I feel happy because I think I’m on the right path,” concludedBeganovic.

He should arrive in Mecca on June 25th.

A better man

He wants to find himself and hopes to be a better man.

”I think that I will be a better man and that then, first of all my wife and children, and everyone else around me will be better.”, Avaz reports.

E.Dz.

Schmidt: The State Property Ownership was not already settled in Dayton Peace Agreement
Victims of the Celebici War Camp: We do not have Ribs, Nerves, and Justice
Over 23,000 Migrants passed through BiH this Year
The Egyptian Pyramid Complex in Giza hosted 14.7 Million Tourists last Year
Sarajevo is the City with the most polluted Air in the World Today!
TAGGED:#bosnia#Hajj#journey#mecca#news#world
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Warning issued in Sarajevo Canton due to Air Pollution
Next Article Which Art Events in BiH marked Last Year?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Lucic: Croats Will Fight for Their Entity or Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia If Their Rights Aren’t Met
May 20, 2026
BiH opens New Border Crossing for all International Passenger and Goods Traffic
May 20, 2026
Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
First-Instance Verdict Delivered: “Karton revolucija” Activists Receive Judicial Warning
May 19, 2026
German Military Plane Will Fly Over BiH in the Coming Days: “Citizens Have No Reason for Panic”
May 19, 2026
CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?