By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Where is my Father? (gallery)
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Where is my Father? (gallery)
OTHER NEWS

Where is my Father? (gallery)

Published: May 25, 2015
Share
SHARE

[wzslider autoplay=”true”]The International Commission for Missing Persons (ICMP), for 19 years, has been trying to find and identify missing persons from the 1992-1995 war inside Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as in other  Western Balkan countries.

“Until now, around 7.000 people from Srebrenica have been identified, but 1000 missing persons are still being looked for. There are many mass graves in B&H that have not yet been found and therefore it is possible that there is a larger number of missing persons than previously reported. Now we are operating with the number of 32.000 missing persons“, said the Head of the Program for Western Balkans of ICMP, Matthew Holliday.

As Holliday said, the process of seeking and identifying missing persons is very successful. B&h has done a lot of things in order to help the work of ICMP.

“No country has made such a big step when it comes to the identification of missing persons after the war period such as B&H. However, the problem is that those who know where the mass graves are located are silent because they are afraid that they could be prosecuted in court“, added Holliday.

The Central evidence was established in 2011 and there they face most of the problems.

The issue of missing persons is a humanitarian issue and families need to know where their loved ones are in order to get their remains and bury them with dignity. Unfortunately, said Holliday, this issue is being politicized more and more.

Searching for graves by aerial images is a new  technology which they are currently using.  As Holliday said, this process is time-consuming and a new mass grave can be discovered every day. Several times, World War II remains have been found and after determining what period the remains are from, based on certain evidence, they have been buried.

(Source: faktor.ba/ photo klix/ bhnews)

IC: Bosniaks in Republika Srpska are exposed to permanent Attacks, Evil must be stopped
International Conference on Balkans in Sarajevo
Delivery of 30 tons of Medical Protective Equipment donated by the EU started
Waiting for the Decision on Reduction of Gas Prices, Bills for October will be reduced
Severely ill Father and Baby need Your Help!
TAGGED:#ICMP#massgraves#missing#persons
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Sarajevo to host the largest Scientific Conference on Language and Literature in the History of B&H
Next Article “FC Sarajevo“ rises to step up for the Title
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Lana Daher Awarded the Katrin Cartlidge Foundation Award
August 19, 2026
Worker dies in Mostar Aluminij Complex
August 19, 2026
Asghar Farhadi to Receive the Honorary Heart of Sarajevo Tonight
August 19, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets with Management of Srebrenica Memorial Center
August 19, 2026
The HJPC strongly warned Politicians and the Media
August 19, 2026
Atabaki: I Was Making a Film About Women Quietly Changing the Rules of Their Own Community
August 19, 2026
Turkish Actor Halit Ergenc arrives at the Sarajevo Film Festival
August 19, 2026
Emily Watson: Sarajevo Reminds Me Why We Make Films in the First Place
August 19, 2026
Major Police Action underway in the Central Bosnia Canton
August 19, 2026
Temporary Decision for the Border Crossing in Gradiska expires
August 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?