By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Iran rejects US Accusations of Attacks on Ships in the Red Sea
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Iran rejects US Accusations of Attacks on Ships in the Red Sea
WORLD NEWS

Iran rejects US Accusations of Attacks on Ships in the Red Sea

Published: December 23, 2023
Share
SHARE

Tehran has denied US accusations that it was involved in planning attacks by Yemen’s Houthis on merchant ships in the Red Sea.

“The Houthis have their own tools and act according to their own decisions and capacities,” said Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Ali Bagheri Khani.

The White House said earlier that Tehran was “deeply involved” in the planning of operations and intelligence crucial to the Houthis targeting ships in the Red Sea.

Yemen’s Houthi movement carried out multiple attacks on merchant ships sailing through the Red Sea in November in response to Israel’s attack on Gaza, causing some companies to divert their tankers.

Rebels in Yemen have stepped up attacks on ships in the Suez Canal in recent days.

Major shipping companies such as MSC, Maersk, Hapag-Loid and CMA CGM have already suspended container shipments through the area due to the increase in attacks.

Meanwhile, Ikea has warned of delays and shortages of some products as the furniture maker looks for an alternative route for its cargo ships.

An Ikea Group spokesperson said: “What we can share at this time is that the Suez Canal situation will result in delays and may cause availability constraints for certain Ikea products.”

They added that the safety of staff working in its supply chain was its priority, and it was evaluating other options to secure the availability of products. Ikea does not have its own container vessels but uses external operators.

At least 80 billion dollars worth of cargo has already been diverted from the waterway that provides access to Egypt’s Suez Canal, the quickest passage between Europe and Asia, due to a wave of missile attacks.

The Swedish company Electrolux, the world’s largest company for the production of household appliances, has established a working group to find alternative routes and identify priority deliveries.

Shipping giants Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd, and CMA CGM are among those to have confirmed this week that they will begin diverting ships already in transit around the longer Cape of Good Hope route along southern Africa as the attacks continue.

Maersk CEO Vincent Clerc said the company has assessed that there is currently an unacceptable risk to its employees because there is no way to know which ships will be targeted, Biznis Info writes.

E.Dz.

The most beautiful Croatian Woman in national costume outside the Republic of Croatia was chosen
The first Exit Polls of the French Elections have arrived
Trump Disappointed By Musk’s Criticism: We Had A Great Relationship, I Don’t Know If We Still Will
Three-day Mourning Declared in Spain
Harris Österdahl’s Killers escaped in a Car rented from a Car Agency
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article A Miracle from Mostar – Identical Triplets Renea, Izabela, and Antea
Next Article 20,000 Euros were paid in Compensation for Death after Vaccination in Slovenia
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?