By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israel completely isolated the Gaza Strip from the rest of the World
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israel completely isolated the Gaza Strip from the rest of the World
WORLD NEWS

Israel completely isolated the Gaza Strip from the rest of the World

Published June 8, 2024
Share
SHARE

The Israeli army announced that it had reached the Mediterranean coast of the city Rafah with million of people in the south of the Gaza Strip and thus fully took control of the Philadelphia Corridor, thus isolating the Gaza Strip from the rest of the world, Anadolia reports.

The IDF (Israel Defense Forces) announced last week that it had established “operational control” over the entire road along the border between Egypt and the Gaza Strip.

At the time, it was said that soldiers were deployed along most of the border corridor and that there was a small section remaining near the coast where there were no ground forces, but that the area was controlled by surveillance and fire.

Residents told Reuters that Israeli tanks were advancing further west in Rafah, towards the Mediterranean Sea.

They said that armored vehicles had taken more control along the border with Egypt and that several incursions had been made into the central and western parts of the city.

Health officials announced that two Palestinians were killed and several wounded in artillery fire west of Rafah.

Some residents reported seeing tanks in the Al-Izvi area in the far northwest of Rafah near the Mediterranean coast.

Israel has announced that it is not ready to allow the Palestinian Authority, which rules parts of another Palestinian territory, the occupied West Bank, to participate in the control of the Rafah border crossing, the American portal Axios reported, citing four American and Israeli officials.

The Gaza-Egypt border crossing has been closed since early May when the Israeli army took control of its Palestinian side.

Egypt has said it refuses to reopen it until it is back under Palestinian control, to avoid being complicit in Israel’s military operation in Rafah.

Under pressure from the United States (U.S.), both sides basically agreed last week to open the crossing for humanitarian aid, but there has been no progress towards that goal.

Two Israeli sources told Axios that ahead of a meeting on the matter in Cairo on Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told his cabinet that he was not ready to allow the Palestinian Authority to control the crossing.

E.Dz.

 

There are many shared Experiences among Women after Severina’s Case in Croatia

Can the Western Balkans be Sustainable without using Coal?

Uskok launched an Investigation into Bribery in Croatian Forests

New Year in Sarajevo Celebrated With a Multi-Day Program and International Guests

Finding hope amid the horrors of violence: Lessons from Sarajevo

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article “BiH must have full Control of the Airspace over the entire Country”
Next Article BiH Police prevented Minor of Committing Suicide
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Flowers laid by the Green Berets and a Delegation from the RS in the Former Dobrovoljacka Street
May 3, 2026
Detention requested for Tarik Prusac, suspected of aggravated Murder of a Woman
May 3, 2026
Iran gives One Month to reach Agreement on Strait of Hormuz and end Conflict
May 3, 2026
International Federation of Journalists warns of Alarming Decline in Media Freedoms
May 3, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Events in Dobrovoljacka Street marked
May 3, 2026
World Press Freedom Day: Protecting Media Freedom Has Never Been More Critical
May 3, 2026
Tourism Is Rising, but Bosnia and Herzegovina Remains Difficult to Access
May 3, 2026
Ambassador Reilly: The UK stands with Journalists and Media Workers in BiH
May 3, 2026
BIHAMK warns: Longer Waits and Delays on the Roads are expected in the Afternoon
May 3, 2026
The Factory that rose from the Ashes: TTU attracts more and more young People
May 3, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?