By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israel prepares to release Gaza Hostages
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israel prepares to release Gaza Hostages
WORLD NEWS

Israel prepares to release Gaza Hostages

Published: January 15, 2025
Share
SHARE

Israeli ministries have been instructed to prepare for the arrival of hostages from Gaza as part of a possible exchange deal with Hamas, Israeli media reported.

“If the deal is approved, the hostages are expected to arrive in Israel in the coming days,” Israeli public broadcaster KAN reported.

KAN also reported that Israeli military officials had met with Health Ministry officials “to prepare hospitals for the potential reception of the hostages.”

On Monday morning, Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar said significant progress had been made in indirect talks with Hamas on a prisoner exchange deal.

“There is progress. I said it looks much better now than before,” Sa’ar said at a joint press conference in Jerusalem with his Danish counterpart Lars Lokke Rasmussen.

“We will soon know if the other side wants the same,” he added, without giving a timeframe for reaching an agreement.

The Israeli news portal “Walla”, citing two unnamed Israeli officials and a foreign source, reported that Israel and mediators have reached an agreement on a draft agreement for the release of hostages held in Gaza and a ceasefire in the enclave, which has been presented to Hamas.

Israel currently holds more than 10,300 Palestinian prisoners, while an estimated 99 Israelis are being held in Gaza. Hamas has said that many of the Israeli hostages have been killed in indiscriminate Israeli airstrikes.

The prisoner exchange and ceasefire talks, brokered by Qatar, Egypt and the United States, have repeatedly broken down due to new conditions set by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The Israeli opposition and the families of the hostages accuse Netanyahu of obstructing efforts to reach a ceasefire and prisoner exchange agreement with Hamas.

Despite the efforts to reach a ceasefire, at least 40 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli airstrikes across the Gaza Strip in the past 24 hours.

The Israeli military continues its war in Gaza, which has killed nearly 46,600 Palestinians, mostly women and children, since October 7, 2023, despite a UN Security Council resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire.

The International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants in November for Netanyahu and his former defense minister, Yoav Gallant, for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza.

Israel also faces a genocide charge before the International Court of Justice over the war in the enclave, AA writes.

At least 180 Journalists killed in Israeli Attacks across Gaza
Galatasaray files Complaint against Mourinho over Racism Allegations
Analysis: Gold down on stronger U.S. dollar
The Israeli Army ordered the Evacuation of Khan Yunis
The final text of the resolution on Srebrenica was submitted to the President of the Assembly
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Suspects for Participation in the Murder of Dejan Kostic handed over to the Prosecutor’s Office
Next Article Meta will lay off about 3,600 Employees with the weakest Results
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

EUFOR Chief of Staff Hosts Netherlands Marechaussee Deputy Commander
May 23, 2026
BiH Ministry of Defense and the BiH Armed Forces participate at the 66th international Military-Police Pilgrimage
May 23, 2026
Ambassador Arnaut spoke in the Bundestag about Cooperation, the Culture of Remembrance
May 23, 2026
Preparations for the World Cup begin: ‘Dragons’ gather in BiH’s Capital
May 23, 2026
42,762 Traffic Accidents recorded in BiH last Year, 117 per Day
May 23, 2026
Where is BiH 34 Years after its admission to the United Nations?
May 23, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with President of the Jewish Community in BiH
May 23, 2026
From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?