By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Musk admitted to firing 80% of Trust and Safety Engineers at Twitter
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Musk admitted to firing 80% of Trust and Safety Engineers at Twitter
WORLD NEWS

Musk admitted to firing 80% of Trust and Safety Engineers at Twitter

Published January 12, 2024
Share
SHARE

Elon Musk fired 80% of trust and safety engineers after buying Twitter and changing its name to X, while the company also fired a third of its non-engineering security team, according to a report published two days ago by eSafety, an online safety regulator in Australia.

The information comes after the Commissioner used Australia’s Online Safety Act to demand answers from X about how it keeps users safe. Elon Musk’s company said it had 279 security-focused engineers worldwide before the takeover in October 2022. That number dropped to 55 by the end of May 2023.

These cuts have had an impact, eSafety believes and claims that users have reported that response times to offensive tweets have slowed by 20% since Mask’s download. The company’s attempts to deal with abusive direct messages have slowed by 70%, according to an Australian government agency.

X informed the Commissioner that after disbanding his Trust and Safety Council, which provided external advice to the company, he did not seek to form a body to replace it. X also confirmed to the agency that he did not have an employee who exclusively dealt with issues of malicious behavior worldwide, either before or after Musk’s takeover.

eSafety Commissioner Julie Inman Grant, who worked on security for Twitter from 2014 to 2016, said that her team decided to investigate X because of a surge in reports of online hate following Musk’s arrival. It was also upsetting that accounts that had previously been flagged for violating rules related to violent and abusive behavior were allowed to return.

It was previously reported in the media that Twitter’s security team was drastically reduced after the takeover and that this social media continues to have problems with child abuse, despite the owner’s previous promises to get rid of illegal content. However, this is the first time that data has shown the extent of the cuts.

Immediately afterward, in December, eSafety announced that it was taking civil action against X for failing to provide information in response to a request for details on how the company combats online child abuse.

X had previously refused to pay a fine of 610.500 Australian dollars (409.000 dollars) for withholding information. If the court rules in favor of the government, it could impose a significantly higher sentence on X, Grant said.

 

Bosnian from Mostar who saved a Tourist from drowning, passed away

At least 40 Palestinians were killed in the Israeli Attack on the Al Mawazi Camp

Around 200 Journalists demand ‘immediate and unhindered’ Access for Foreign Media to Gaza

Adis Ahmetovic, Bundestag Member, announced he has defeated Lymph Node Cancer

Becirovic with the BiH Diaspora in Turkey: Connecting the Diaspora and the Homeland is a strategic Task

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love1
Sad1
Happy1
Sleepy1
Angry1
Dead1
Wink1
Previous Article O’Brien: I know what the original Dayton was, Dodik’s Secession is nonsense
Next Article US President Joe Biden’s Son Hunter Biden pleaded not guilty
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

UDIK – We remember the War Crimes in Doboj
May 6, 2026
‘First Balkan Shield – Industrial Expo & Summit 2026’ To take Place in Sarajevo
May 6, 2026
Magazinovic to Soreca: Stop the Humiliation and Harassment of Citizens at EU Borders
May 6, 2026
Photo Exhibition by Milomir Kovacevic Strasni opens in Sarajevo
May 6, 2026
Josip Broz Tito died on this Day 46 Years ago
May 5, 2026
Femicide: Where is the Line between Information, Responsibility and Victimization?
May 5, 2026
UN Debates BiH as Republika Srpska Government Levels Serious Radicalism Accusations in Report
May 5, 2026
COM EUFOR meets Prime Minister of the Federation of BiH
May 5, 2026
School in Citluk banned Cell Phones and introduced strict Rules
May 5, 2026
IDU Forum 2026: BiH must take Advantage of the shifting Developments in Europe
May 5, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?