By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Physical Attacks and Death Threats against Journalists in BiH
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > Uncategorized > Physical Attacks and Death Threats against Journalists in BiH
Uncategorized

Physical Attacks and Death Threats against Journalists in BiH

Published: January 12, 2023
Share
SHARE

Last year, the helpline for journalists reported a total of 79 cases of attacks on journalists in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

According to the information provided to FENA by the General Secretary of the Association of BH Journalists, Borka Rudić, this includes one physical attack and seven death threats. There were 12 cases of verbal threats, 11 cases of political pressure, 12 cases of incitement/hate speech, five cases of damage to property or cyber attacks.

According to her, political pressure and attacks on journalists and independent media increased by 40 percent in 2022 compared to 2021. Also, verbal threats, death threats and hate speech increased by 137 percent.

“In addition to all the mentioned direct pressures on media freedom and security threats to journalists, we are faced with increasingly frequent requests from individuals to delete journalistic texts, created on the basis of official information from investigative or other public authorities,” Rudić told FENA.

According to her, these requests come from persons who were included in various investigations by competent judicial authorities or security agencies under suspicion of having committed certain criminal acts. Although the requests have no legal basis, individuals and their lawyers use them to put pressure on the media or try to “wash” the face of their client in front of BiH the public.

“Since these demands represent an unfounded attempt to limit the right to freedom of expression, BH journalists have prepared a special analysis with clear messages that no media should succumb to attempts at censorship, nor remove their texts from the portal or from the media archive without valid court decisions regarding specific media contents. The analysis will be published soon on the website of BH journalists,” says Rudić.

Delegation of OSCE Mission to BiH visits Tuzla Canton Assembly
BiH Agency has issued an emergency Notice Forecasting an Increase in the Water Level
Chairperson of CoM to attend the Coronation of King Charles III
Is the new Subvariant of Coronavirus present in BiH?
Court Overturns Ban: Minister Reinstated to Office
TAGGED:#bosnia#death#journalist#news#threats
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Authorities failed to prioritize Human Rights Protections in BiH
Next Article How much are Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina happy?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Press Conference with the Crew of DUA: A Generation Raised in War
August 18, 2026
Covic: Criticism of Grlic Radman will not weaken Support for Croatia, BiH and the Croatian People
August 18, 2026
Regional Premiere of the Film DUA
August 18, 2026
BiH aligns with the EU’s Restrictive Measures in the Fight against Terrorism
August 18, 2026
Metod Pevec: Convicts Opened up Complex Philosophical Questions
August 18, 2026
CEC BiH presents New Technologies for more accurate and Transparent Elections
August 18, 2026
BHRT demands urgent Reaction from OHR and HJPC
August 18, 2026
FPA Action ‘Transporter’ – 73 Kilograms of Cannabis seized in Sarajevo
August 18, 2026
Puljic warns: Dodik’s new Lobbying Offensive in the USA
August 18, 2026
Woody Harrelson to Receive the Honorary Heart of Sarajevo Tonight
August 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?