By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Prosecutor’s Office is investigating how the Cajnice Gospel was moved from BiH to Serbia
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Prosecutor’s Office is investigating how the Cajnice Gospel was moved from BiH to Serbia
WORLD NEWS

Prosecutor’s Office is investigating how the Cajnice Gospel was moved from BiH to Serbia

Published: November 25, 2022
Share
SHARE

Cajnice Gospel, the medieval manuscript which has the status of a national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), is being restored in Belgrade without the consent of the State Commission for National Monuments.

This Gospel was sent for restoration by the Institute for the Protection of Cultural-Historical and Natural Heritage of the entity Republika Srpska (RS), and it is financed by the Government of RS.

It is important to mention that the Gospel was declared a national monument of BiH in 2013 by the decision of the Commission for the Preservation of National Monuments of BiH.

It was thus included in the list of more than 900 monuments that should enjoy special protection in BiH.

This decision prohibits its removal from BiH. Temporary relocation is allowed only for the purpose of presentation or conservation, for which the approval of the Commission for National Monuments of BiH is necessary.

The Institute for Cultural and Historical Heritage of the RS told that there is nothing wrong in all of this and that they have given permission for the removal of this national monument from BiH.

“The institute has issued a permit for relocation and the legal obligation has been complied with,” they said.

The Ministry of Culture of the RS also confirmed that the Gospel was moved to Belgrade, with the explanation that in BiH “it is not possible to do high-quality conservation of manuscripts on parchment, because there are no experts and specialized studios for that”.

Namely, the case was reported to the BiH Investigation and Protection Agency (SIPA), where they explained that due to lack of jurisdiction, they forwarded the report to the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MUP) of the RS.

It was confirmed from the MUP of that BiH entity that the Criminal Police Directorate received the information from the Commission for the Preservation of National Monuments of BiH, which was delivered to them by SIPA.

“The District Public Prosecutor’s Office of Trebinje was informed about everything, after which the prosecutor declared that actions under our jurisdiction should be taken to document the mentioned event,” the entity MUP announced.

The state commission responsible for national monuments has so far not made an official statement about the location of the national monument and whether it has given approval for restoration outside BiH, Detektor writes.

E.Dz.

What a Swedish Photographer Captured in Sarajevo in 1994: Two Women Reunite Decades Later to Remember the Siege
The 3rd Policy Dialogue Meeting between the European Commission and BiH held
Where is BiH on the List of the most corrupt Countries?
Chief Prosecutor meets IRMCT Delegation
Dodik: I will offer a new Document whose goal is Unification around the Independence of the RS
TAGGED:#BiH#bosnia#important#religion
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article USA congratulates BiH Statehood Day
Next Article Varhelyi reveals when BiH will receive Candidate Status
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Slovenian Journalists expose Network of Suspicious Transactions behind Viaduct Affair
May 20, 2026
Minister Amidzic after the Opening of the New Border Crossing: Political Victory of Republika Srpska
May 20, 2026
Preparations underway for the Signing of the Southern Interconnection Agreement in Washington
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?