By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Putin announces a Ceasefire from May 8 to 11 ahead of Victory Day
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Putin announces a Ceasefire from May 8 to 11 ahead of Victory Day
WORLD NEWS

Putin announces a Ceasefire from May 8 to 11 ahead of Victory Day

Published: April 28, 2025
Share
SHARE

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that the Russian military would cease military operations from 00:00 Moscow time on May 7-8 and until 00:00 on May 10-11.

The ceasefire was declared in honor of the 80th anniversary of Victory Day, with Putin emphasizing that he once again declares his readiness for peace negotiations without preconditions, with the aim of eliminating the root causes of the Ukrainian crisis.

“Russia believes that the Ukrainian side should follow this example. If the ceasefire is violated, the Russian military will give an adequate and effective response,” Vladimir Putin emphasized.

Ukraine also promised to cease hostilities during that time, although both sides reported numerous violations during the first ceasefire attempt on April 19.

With this decision, Putin once again emphasized Russia’s readiness to negotiate with Ukraine, to which the Ukrainian side responded positively, thus creating the prerequisites for the start of the negotiation process, it was stated in the press release.

On Saturday, just before Pope Francis’ funeral Mass, such a dialogue took place between US President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Photos showed the two Presidents seated face-to-face in St. Peter’s Basilica, deep in conversation.

A spokesperson for the White House called the discussion “very productive”. President Zelensky, meanwhile, said that it had been a “good meeting,” adding that the pair had “discussed a lot one on one.”

“Hoping for results on everything we covered,” President Zelensky wrote on social media. “Protecting the lives of our people. Full and unconditional ceasefire. Reliable and lasting peace that will prevent another war from breaking out.”

Recently, that ceasefire had appeared less and less likely. The last time Presidents Trump and Zelensky met in person, the discussion devolved into an acrimonious verbal brawl. Earlier this month, President Trump and US Secretary of State Marco Rubio threatened to “walk away” from efforts to broker a peace deal. And just two days ago, Russia carried out its deadliest air attack on Kyiv since the beginning of the year.

On Saturday, the discussion seemed far more productive. President Zelensky said it was a “very symbolic meeting, with the potential to become historic, if we achieve joint results.”

 

Israel’s Defense Minister to Soldiers: “You will soon see Gaza from the inside”
In these European Countries, Employees have the highest Annual Salaries
Borrell will meet with the Leaders of the Western Balkan Countries in New York
Bosnia and Herzegovina is still looking for an Answer as to how many People are part of Diaspora
Kremlin reveals Conditions for Russia-USA-Ukraine Meeting
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Electricity Production in the Federation of BiH drops by as much as 23 Percent
Next Article RS Interior Ministry Formation Displayed Serbian Army Emblems and Carried Rifles With Safety Off
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Belgium launches Investigation into ‘Sniper Safaris’ during Bosnian War
May 22, 2026
Federal Ministry of Transport – More than 21 Million BAM for road Infrastructure
May 22, 2026
Deadline for Submission of Applications for Certification of Political Parties expires Today
May 22, 2026
Travnik demonstrates a high Level of Readiness with “Lasva 26” Demonstration Exercise
May 22, 2026
EUFOR Commander Engages Students in Dialogue on Security, Stability, and BiH’s Future
May 22, 2026
Euphoria in Sarajevo: “The Dragons” at the World Cup Spark a True Panini Sticker Frenzy
May 22, 2026
Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?