By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Radislav Krstić Transferred to Estonia to Serve Remainder of War Crimes Sentence
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Radislav Krstić Transferred to Estonia to Serve Remainder of War Crimes Sentence
WORLD NEWS

Radislav Krstić Transferred to Estonia to Serve Remainder of War Crimes Sentence

Published April 10, 2025
Share
SHARE

Former commander of the Drina Corps of the Army of Republika Srpska (VRS), Radislav Krstić, has been transferred from the United Nations (UN) Detention Unit to Estonia to serve the remainder of his prison sentence for aiding and abetting the genocide in Srebrenica. The order, which removed the confidential status of Krstić after his transfer to Estonia and made public, states that the Mechanism has decided that he will serve the remainder of his sentence in that country.

Krstić was sentenced to 35 years in prison by the Hague Tribunal in 2004 for aiding and abetting the genocide in Srebrenica. At the end of that year, he was sent to England to serve his sentence, but was attacked in prison there, after which he was returned to The Hague, and then sent to serve the remainder of his sentence in Poland, from where he was returned to the Detention Unit in The Hague.

The Detektor previously reported that the Mechanism had again rejected Krstić’s request for early release. In her decision, the Mechanism’s President, Judge Graciela Gatti Santana, stated that the gravity of Krstić’s crimes should be considered a factor in denying him early release, and that the demonstration of rehabilitation should be more convincing the more serious the criminal conduct involved.

“I welcome the fact that Krstić has made positive progress and I believe that his public admission that genocide occurred in Srebrenica, and that he participated in it, reflects a level of rehabilitation and is significant given the rise in historical revisionism and genocide denial in the region,” Gatti Santana explained at the time.

She added in her decision that she was not yet convinced that Krstić had demonstrated a sufficient degree of rehabilitation to reach the “elevated threshold,” and that there was no evidence to suggest that there were compelling humanitarian reasons that could override the negative assessment.

“So far, Krstic has requested early release on several occasions, which the Mechanism has rejected each time,” the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIRN BiH) said.

How the youngest Ones marked Halloween in besieged Sarajevo

The European Parliament approved a significant Law on artificial Intelligence

UN chief concerned about Kosovo decision to form army

Two Rockets fired from Lebanon hit northern Israel

UN Panel Urges Immediate Release of Former General Jailed for Alleged Role in 2016 Coup

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Trump Hikes China Tariffs to 145% in Escalation of Trade War
Next Article Protecting Media Freedom is crucial to our Democracies, says OSCE Representative
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

PIO RS is Changing the Method of Paying Pensions after Numerous Abuses
February 12, 2026
One Person killed in Tram Accident in Sarajevo
February 12, 2026
Peskov: New Round of Talks on Ukraine soon
February 12, 2026
BiH Central Election Commission fines Three Political Parties
February 12, 2026
Trial for Crimes in the Zvornik Area postponed due to the Accused’s Health Condition
February 12, 2026
EUFOR Commander Major General Maurizio Fronda visits Tuzla
February 12, 2026
Sarajevo hosts the Presentation of the First Humanoid Robot in BiH
February 12, 2026
The Strike grounded Hundreds of Lufthansa Planes
February 12, 2026
Forto and Uraloğlu Meet in Istanbul: Direct Sarajevo – Ankara Flight Expected Soon
February 12, 2026
Production in Lukavac Koksara is being shut down
February 12, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?