By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Requested Detention for One Person for Planning a Terrorist Attack in BiH
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Requested Detention for One Person for Planning a Terrorist Attack in BiH
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Requested Detention for One Person for Planning a Terrorist Attack in BiH

Published: August 8, 2023
Share
SHARE

The State Prosecutor’s Office requested the custody of Mirza Kapić, suspected of terrorism, due to the danger that he could obstruct the investigation, conceal evidence, influence witnesses and accomplices and commit the crime again or complete it, while the Defense opposed this proposal.

At the hearing held in the Court of BiH, prosecutor Dubravko Čampara said that the Prosecution received information that there was a threat of a terrorist attack, which was discussed in online communication, and after that a search was carried out and items were seized.

“It is important to us with whom Mirza Kapić communicated, who are these people”, said Campara and clarified that this is the first phase of the investigation.

Clarifying the reasons for the detention, Prosecutor Campara said, among other things, that the Prosecution assumes that there is another unknown person with whom the suspect cooperated in connection with the components of the explosive device.

He also noted that Kapić is a returnee from Syria, for which he was prosecuted, as well as for illegal possession of weapons, and that there is a fear that “catastrophic consequences may occur”.

The Prosecution informed the Court, the suspect and his defense that it plans to open the confiscated items today, in order to speed up the process itself.

Substitute lawyer Sanela Kožo objected to the Prosecution’s proposal, asking the Court to impose a measure prohibiting Kapić from communicating with certain persons, which the Prosecution opposed, reports BIRN BiH.

Kapić is suspected of contacting members of the radical structures of the so-called Islamic State (ISIL) and planning a terrorist attack on a mosque in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

“The suspect is under investigation and is accused of having been in contact with people who support radical movements and supporter structures of the so-called ‘ISIL’ in the past month – through electronic communication channels, mobile phones and computers, using communication applications – and is in correspondence expressed his desire to carry out an explosive attack on a mosque in Bosnia and Herzegovina at the end of July this year”, according to an earlier statement by the Prosecutor’s Office.

According to the Prosecutor’s Office, he asked the aforementioned persons for instructions for the production of an explosive device with a detonator via a mobile phone, expressing his intention to attack scholars of the Islamic Community who publish proclamations against the Mujahideen and report supporters of radical movements and ISIL to law enforcement agencies in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Kapić was previously sentenced to a single sentence of one year and ten months for waging war in Syria and illegal possession of weapons.

The court will make a decision on the proposals of the Prosecution and the Defense within the deadline provided by law.

“Science Blurtit”: Neretva is the coldest River in the World
Will the new Law on Protection from Domestic Violence in the Federation of BiH be adopted?
In BiH, Disability goes Hand in Hand with Poverty
Dear Ladies, Happy International Women’s Day!
Peaceful Walk in Goražde as a sign of Support for Hijab
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Analysis: Bosnia and Herzegovina records Decrease in Demand for Workers
Next Article Anniversary of Birth of Alija Izetbegovic: Man who was a Symbol of one Era
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?